Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2012, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-ville native View Post
One guy keeping up with over 90 accounts a week is pretty impressive. It's probably too early to tell since you aren't cutting much growth this time of year, but how much more productive do you think the 52 is over the 34 on those 49 properties? Would you have struggled to keep up with those properties in the summer had you stuck with strictly the 34? Reason I ask is because I run a small ztr on everything just so I could fit through all gates but sometimes I wonder how much more I could get done if I had a large ztr also.
I ran a 34 Gravely exclusively last season (I had 2 of them) and yes I struggled mightily at times to keep up. I had to work till dark on Sunday some weeks. I can already tell that the 52" is going to really help with productivity. Best case scenario would be to get a bigger trailer but I don't have that luxury due to limited space. Personally, I waited until I could use a bigger mower on at least half of my properties before pulling the trigger. I literally pulled out a tape measure at every account and worked it out. So far, I am very happy with the new mower.
Grasshopper 41
Toro Timemaster 30
Stihl handhelds
5 x 8 landscape trailer w/rack
SOLO OPERATION
84 accounts cutting grass and loving it!