Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-07-2011, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's just too bad that the LS situation is where it is. Everyone can compare these same models all they want, but the fact is is that the LS dual hydro smokes them all when it comes to production.

I don't even get why these are being compared anymore, it's been beaten into the dirt. The single hydro machine (that I have been running for 3 years now) is old news. Which btw, I have been pulling nice plugs all this week with and gasp!!! It's not the "new" Turfco! Full compliment of weights, set at the deepest setting (duh, why wouldn't you, I don't get why people keep bringing this up either).

Turfco, step up add make a dual hydro. Make a real splash!

I can't wait for Toro to get their act together and hopefully quickly get out for sell the dual hydro. That is the only machine I will spend my money on at this point.

Yeah, I ordered a dual hydro from LS a month ago, just to get the rug pulled out from under me like the others. It is really a shame that these guys are getting away with that. At least produce what you promised.

To me it's all a joke now. I don't want any of the machines that are on the market right now.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't say several seasons with hydro units out would make them now old news.

Regardless, just got a call from Turfco....my XT5 is shipping out today!
Right when they said it would ship...in fact a few days early.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 09-09-2011, 04:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post

Congrats on your purchase and on-time delivery. Going to put mine to work for the first time this weekend.

Truck
Trailer
Walk-Behind Mower
Self-Propelled Mower
String Trimmer
Edger
Hedge Trimmer
Long Reach Hedge Trimmer
Blower
Chain Saw
Gas Can
Tool Box
Misc. Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Hey DA, I apologize. My intention is not to put down the XT5 or anyone purchasing one. The hydro aerators are absolutely awesome and have changed aerating! I am more than confident that the XT5 is one nice machine. Congrats on your purchase. You will certainly enjoy aerating more this fall!

My comments are really pointed at those who keep comparing their same and repeated goofy points to try and prop up their favorite company or to help themselves feel good about the machine that they own. I currently own an earlier generation 21" LS and although not a perfect machine, it is night and day over the old style. It pulls great plugs (I was out again today pulling 3-4" all day), so when I read individuals stating otherwise, I see an obvious agenda because I can prove them completely WRONG.

I will also admit to total frustration with what I thought was a dual hydro purchase for myself this fall. I am at a place where I am getting enough jobs and larger properties and need a second aerator and looking to decrease user fatigue even more. Just not interested in another single hydro machine and a rider is just out of the budget.

This was the reason behind my last post. Not meant to be an attack on you or the XT5.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Sweet Congrats, mine is suppose to ship Monday I also bought a new Z-Plug should be set for many years to come. Both are quality companies and products.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm new to the aeration business, but all these posts have been of great help.

2012 will be my first official season doing Aeration.

I read many good posts regarding the Lawn Solutions product, but now you guys have me leaning towards Turfco.

However, I have a few questions for those of you that have already taken the plunge. How responsive is service and support for your units?

Since they are a factory direct company, how do they handle warranty repairs?

One advantage to possibly holding out for a Toro/Lawn Solutions unit, would be the plethora of Toro and Exmark dealers in my area. The same applies to Plugr. I really don't know how to work on these machines myself quite yet and am waiting for parts to ship may cost me money in the long run.

What are your thoughts?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oomph View Post
I'm new to the aeration business, but all these posts have been of great help.

2012 will be my first official season doing Aeration.

I read many good posts regarding the Lawn Solutions product, but now you guys have me leaning towards Turfco.

However, I have a few questions for those of you that have already taken the plunge. How responsive is service and support for your units?

Since they are a factory direct company, how do they handle warranty repairs?

One advantage to possibly holding out for a Toro/Lawn Solutions unit, would be the plethora of Toro and Exmark dealers in my area. The same applies to Plugr. I really don't know how to work on these machines myself quite yet and am waiting for parts to ship may cost me money in the long run.

What are your thoughts?
OOMPH... To begin with these units are very easy to service machines. The chain is probably the only thing you will service on the mechanical side and you can tighten them up without removing the covers. The rear cover comes off giving easy access to the tines / tine reels for cleaning and checking your tines. Tine removal is one bolt. (Quite Easy) Also you have telephone access to the Turfco Service Department 5 days a week. Parts you can order on line or by telephone. Shipping can be overnight if you want. Warranty issues are handled by the dealer of your choosing. You call Turfco and tell the service department what your problem is and they look up Turfco Servicing Dealers in your area. If these do not work for you, just tell the Service Department who you want to do the service, Turfco will call them arrange for the service and you just take the machine in. As simple as that. This has been working for us since 1999 and seems to work quite well. Any more questions you can call me direct office 520-836-8162 cell 402-432-2446
Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post
OOMPH... To begin with these units are very easy to service machines. The chain is probably the only thing you will service on the mechanical side and you can tighten them up without removing the covers.
Bob - Once you adjust/tighten the chain idler, how to you check the chain tension without removing the chain guards (covers). Or are you referring to different covers? Thanks.

Truck
Trailer
Walk-Behind Mower
Self-Propelled Mower
String Trimmer
Edger
Hedge Trimmer
Long Reach Hedge Trimmer
Blower
Chain Saw
Gas Can
Tool Box
Misc. Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennc38 View Post
Bob - Once you adjust/tighten the chain idler, how to you check the chain tension without removing the chain guards (covers). Or are you referring to different covers? Thanks.
You use the same opening in the chain cover.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info Bob.

After speaking over the phone with you and reading other users posts, I feel that I got a better understanding of your product.

It was a tough decision, Lawn Solutions, Plugr and Turfco all seem to have a good product that would fit my business model.

However, after speaking to Turfcobob, I feel confident that I'll get adequate support on the product. Also, Lawn Solutions change over to Toro and the product re-design under the new branding because of the patent infringements made me reconsider my purchase.

I'll report my results back to the forum this spring after I've had some experience running the Turfco unit. Again, thank you everyone for your input.