Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Member

M.A.D. Landscaping Thread

Hi, my name is Mike and I am the owner of my company M.A.D. Landscaping. I am currently 15 and am attending the local high school. This is my company's second year. I had a 52" Fixed Deck Wright Stander that I sold at the end of this season. I will post a picture of it below. I know I am only 15 but I have huge dreams and had great success last year. I really hope to expand my company this year. Anyways, I hope you guys like the pictures of my work and my equipment as I continue to add pictures. Thanks - Mike

Old 01-03-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

As I said above, I sold my Wright Stander. Well this is what I got today. A Scag 52" Turf Tiger with 3-Bagger and it has a 25 HP Kohler with only 1,080 hours! Sorry for the bad pictures, I was in a rush to take them. All the mower needs is two new front tires, a choke cable, and I need to seal a small oil leak. I should be able to preform all of those fixes. I will also be adding new blades, filters, oil, etc. Let me know what you guys think! It's funny because we drove it home in 15 degree snowy weather and the thing still started and ran like a beast after letting it sit in the heated garage for an hour. - Mike

Old 01-03-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobronos View Post
Hi, my name is Mike and I am the owner of my company M.A.D. Landscaping. I am currently 15 and am attending the local high school. This is my company's second year. I had a 52" Fixed Deck Wright Stander that I sold at the end of this season. I will post a picture of it below. I know I am only 15 but I have huge dreams and had great success last year. I really hope to expand my company this year. Anyways, I hope you guys like the pictures of my work and my equipment as I continue to add pictures. Thanks - Mike

Best of luck to you Mike, welcome! What do you do for advertisment to get your work?

check out this Thread below to help with some free advertising!
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367045
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck to yah, Mike. Why did you switch from the stander to the scag?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks a ton, mowing4rlife I will check out the sites!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Good luck to yah, Mike. Why did you switch from the stander to the scag?
Thanks, and the reason I switched was because my stander had over 2,400 hours on it and I wanted to get rid of it! It was really nice, it had a Kawasaki engine and was amazing on hills. I switched because of the number of hours and because I need something for all the fall leaves. The vacuum bagger should make easy work of all of the leaves. But, If I had an opportunity to buy another stander used for a good dollar I would, because it was an awesome mower. - Mike
-Stihl BR 600 Magnum Backpack x2
-Stihl KM130R w/ Edger, Trimmer, & Tiller
-Stihl FS 55R Trimmer x2
-Stihl 14" Mini Boss
-4'x8' trailer
-6 1/2x14 trailer
-8'x20' flat deck trailer
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Welcome!

With a little work that tiger will be great,and it seems like you made the right call getting rid of the stander with the hours on it keep the pics comming.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Welcome!

With a little work that tiger will be great,and it seems like you made the right call getting rid of the stander with the hours on it keep the pics comming.

Thanks, and I'm really going to tune it up for next mowing season! I will make sure to keep everyone updated! - Mike
-Stihl FS 55R Trimmer x2
-Stihl 14" Mini Boss
-4'x8' trailer
-6 1/2x14 trailer
Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobronos View Post
As I said above, I sold my Wright Stander. Well this is what I got today. A Scag 52" Turf Tiger with 3-Bagger and it has a 25 HP Kohler with only 1,080 hours! Sorry for the bad pictures, I was in a rush to take them. All the mower needs is two new front tires, a choke cable, and I need to seal a small oil leak. I should be able to preform all of those fixes. I will also be adding new blades, filters, oil, etc. Let me know what you guys think! It's funny because we drove it home in 15 degree snowy weather and the thing still started and ran like a beast after letting it sit in the heated garage for an hour. - Mike

[/IMG]
Great looking ztr! Did you purchase this mower used? How much you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You better keep us updated.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowing4rlife View Post
Great looking ztr! Did you purchase this mower used? How much you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?
I also forgot to mention how I advertise! I first started putting flyers around the neighborhood and down a few streets. Then when I got a few customers, word spread and I got a few more calls. Also being that I am in high school, I talk to a lot of girls. I ask them, "does someone cut your grass"? and then I ask them if I can cut it? Most of them don't know crap about who cuts their grass or anything so then I talk to their parents and I get the mowing job for the season. It actually works pretty goood! ahahahaha

I found the Turf Tiger on craigslist.. The guy was asking $2,500 for the mower and the bagging system. For the price, I thought it may have been stolen, but the guy showed me all the paperwork from when he bought it at the dealer. - Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
You better keep us updated.
Don't worry, I WILL!
-Stihl FS 55R Trimmer x2
-Stihl 14" Mini Boss
-4'x8' trailer
-6 1/2x14 trailer