Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
nepatsfan nepatsfan is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Franklin MA
Posts: 3,156
Intead of your meet and greet you should start a lawnsite cage match. I would love to take a little ride to see that.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
M & L's Avatar
M & L M & L is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 289
BWAHAHAHAHA I just spit my soda out laughing!!!!

Hey you going to come down for the meeting ? you seem pretty funny!
__________________
Big truck
enclosed trailer
other stuff neccesary to work

1 Desert Eagle
(security)
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
ralph02813 ralph02813 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlestown, RI
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by M & L View Post
BWAHAHAHAHA I just spit my soda out laughing!!!!

Hey you going to come down for the meeting ? you seem pretty funny!
Has anyone figured out where or when!?
__________________
Ralph
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
1999 Chevy Silverado 1500
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
M & L's Avatar
M & L M & L is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 289
Not sure?

Ferris was the one who started the thread, and think he wants to see if we can get a few more on here.

Anyone have any idea topics or are we just meet and greet drinking?

from the looks we are spread all over the state? and that would give us a very different clientel base. We also have different levels of service.

So maybe types of clients, type of work, what works what doesnt, biz regulations/licensing?
__________________
Big truck
enclosed trailer
other stuff neccesary to work

1 Desert Eagle
(security)
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 01-11-2012, 12:31 PM
ralph02813 ralph02813 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlestown, RI
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by M & L View Post
Not sure?

Ferris was the one who started the thread, and think he wants to see if we can get a few more on here.

Anyone have any idea topics or are we just meet and greet drinking?

from the looks we are spread all over the state? and that would give us a very different clientel base. We also have different levels of service.

So maybe types of clients, type of work, what works what doesnt, biz regulations/licensing?
I think it would be a great missed opportunity if we don't come up with some kind of game plan or at least a few goals, I think that will also draw guys.
I also think something as simple as a little directory, who is who and where are they and what do they do. this way if a guy is looking for say subcontracting someone to do hedges or spraying or has a big job coming up guys could work together. For example, I really don't do clean ups that I have to bring stuff anywhere, most is just blow in the woods or mulch it - but if I had a customer that I needed stuff hauled away for I could call someone who had a vac and trailer - if I get the stuff crub side. Otherwise I would just tell the customer that I don't do that and they get some ham an egger to do it for cheap. So I think there is an opporutnity to offer our customers more service without breaking our own backs or trying to duplicate what someone else is already doing.
I also wonder how many guys here are invovled with RINL is that worth being involved with - what size companies are we all.
__________________
Ralph
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
1999 Chevy Silverado 1500
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanksman's Avatar
Thanksman Thanksman is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: rhode island
Posts: 4,674
my area is mostly aquidneck Island bristol and warren. But If I got a call for a lawn or property other then this I would be happy to give it to one of you. I dont have much work yet as some of you know im new to the game. But Im not going to drive over newport bridge spen 8 dollers to make 30.. not a wise decision. So this could work in favor for lots of us RI boys.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
FerrisDiesel's Avatar
FerrisDiesel FerrisDiesel is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Warwick, Rhode Island
Posts: 406
Hey All!
Yeah I was thinking maybe a meet and drink, go over some networking. I personally want to get my applicators license, but if Mike already has his than maybe it's easier and cheaper to have him do my apps........stuff like that. I would really love to do these meetings on a quartely basis, I mean seriously, who doesn't like going out for a few beers with the guys.

Ralph, I like the idea of the directory. Basic contanct info, parts of the state you work in and services you provide would be great. I don't have a problem giving work to you guys, the only thing I worry about is the type of situation Mike and Ben are in. Give someone work and then they try and steal customers is not cool.

As far as the meet and drink, we should do it before Spring has Sprung! Im thinking the end of March, maybe do something in southern RI, Caseys in Wakefield is nice.........Then the next meeting we could work our way closer North for our LCO Brothers up there. I eventually think it would be great if we had enough "Members" we could use that to our advantage of purchasing materials or equipment at lower prices?
__________________
RI Pesticide Applicators License
RI Full Hoisting License

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AWeave...12666792139719


http://www.aweaverlawncare.com


Rhode Island Lawncare/Landscapers Networking Thread
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
ralph02813 ralph02813 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlestown, RI
Posts: 1,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisDiesel View Post
Hey All!
Yeah I was thinking maybe a meet and drink, go over some networking. I personally want to get my applicators license, but if Mike already has his than maybe it's easier and cheaper to have him do my apps........stuff like that. I would really love to do these meetings on a quartely basis, I mean seriously, who doesn't like going out for a few beers with the guys.

Ralph, I like the idea of the directory. Basic contanct info, parts of the state you work in and services you provide would be great. I don't have a problem giving work to you guys, the only thing I worry about is the type of situation Mike and Ben are in. Give someone work and then they try and steal customers is not cool.

As far as the meet and drink, we should do it before Spring has Sprung! Im thinking the end of March, maybe do something in southern RI, Caseys in Wakefield is nice.........Then the next meeting we could work our way closer North for our LCO Brothers up there. I eventually think it would be great if we had enough "Members" we could use that to our advantage of purchasing materials or equipment at lower prices?
Hey I agree Ferris, I think when we look at the friction between two guys often times it is really a mis understanding - other times we do things that we regret instantly but cannot find a way out.

For a good part of my life ---- here we go public exposure --- I ran the RI Seafood Council, which was one of the most succesfullly seafood organizations in the world. Yeah I know right here in RI. Well the politics of it grew to incrediable heights --- another story, another time. What was important about that time was, that a lot of companies became key contacts on a world wide basis for product, even if it didn't come from here. Of course we are not going to do that here, but we can raise our image in the public eye and make the money we need to.

The directory idea would be a start. Years ago we talked about buying supplies cheaper - we ended up buying clam bake cans so cheap it was crasy, it didn't work for much else, but imagine going to someone like Allens in North Kingstwon and saying hey we want to buy 6 pallets of 18-2-18 and we will pay now - each guy would get a chit to pick up what they paid for what do you think Allen would do thinking that truck loads of other stuff would be coming up next.

Caseys would probably be good --- easy for me. I too would like to see 4 meetings a year
__________________
Ralph
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
1999 Chevy Silverado 1500
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
M & L's Avatar
M & L M & L is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 289
Incase anyone is wondering here is the RINLA link
http://www.rinla.com/index.asp

Rhode Island Nursery and Landscape Assc. Ive never joined thought it was a little pricey and didnt do much at all ofr a friend of mine who was a memember for 5 years.

I am thinking of the two day seminar at the crown plaza though.

Is anyone going to New England GROWS? another sorta pricy event.
http://www.newenglandgrows.org/index.php


Mike.
__________________
Big truck
enclosed trailer
other stuff neccesary to work

1 Desert Eagle
(security)
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 01-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanksman's Avatar
Thanksman Thanksman is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: rhode island
Posts: 4,674
Im not thinking of much of an agenda right off the bat. Myself im thinking a few beers do some talking because convb\ersation will head to work anyways. And then we all can put a face on who it is we are talking too on lawnsite. I am up for anything as I am easy going.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.

Page generated in 0.08238 seconds with 10 queries