Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-28-2011, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Good to hear Chris! Sounds like lots of detail in the property and knowing the quality of work you do, people will start talking and asking who maintains that property. Next thing ya know neighbors will start talking and asking for bids. Good luck and remember stay on top with these high detail properties, much easier to trim little bit every week (smaller cleanup too) then let things get over grown and then your in over your head and next thing you know people are calling and complaining. I have picked up a bunch of accounts from when people let their quality slip.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I know its winter and things are slower but I was just wondering how things are going with your first whale?

“If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that.”
Old 01-15-2012, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Gardener View Post
I know its winter and things are slower but I was just wondering how things are going with your first whale?
Hey AZ

Really good. The owner came back in Dec. and will be here until April or so. We spent the first 2 weeks starting last mid sept. cleaning the place up. The clean-up bill was about $1-K. A lot of stuff the last company neglected to do. We also spent the next 4 weeks after that installing new plants and filling areas in. Installed about 950 flowers first of November. I have been spending the last 8 weeks basically watering pots and blowing leaves. I am still learning the property to get more efficient at things, but it is going well. It is not a hard property to maintain in the sense it has little grass and the plant material isn't difficult stuff.

I also picked up another account in the area thanks to a new colleague whose on this board that is about $400-$500/mo. It is all gardening, I don't have to do any mowing, big fichus hedges,etc. It is a weekly year-round account.

I also picked up another account 2 months ago that is $180/mo, every other week year-round, no grass, all plants(not a whole lot). We already did about $3-K in renovations.

I am gearing towards more of these "gardening" accounts. Lower overhead, no mowing,etc.

How are things in the desert? Have you been picking up any more whales or smaller stuff?