Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-12-2012, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck with the pesticide class. Bring a HUGEEEEE coffee cause its insanely boring! But its pretty easy so nothing to worry about.

Wahoo!! My 500th post

Rhode Island Landscapers Thread:
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 01-12-2012, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigirish320 View Post
Good luck with the pesticide class. Bring a HUGEEEEE coffee cause its insanely boring! But its pretty easy so nothing to worry about.

Wahoo!! My 500th post
Thanks -- ain't you be styling!
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Old 01-12-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph02813 View Post
Thanks -- ain't you be styling!
stylin and profile'n

Old 01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

might make it to the ne grow show after all?

and im intersted in the crown plaza seminars

greg you going

1 Desert Eagle
(security)
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the info for the Plaza

Creating Opportunity: Surfing the Wave of Change with Resilience
Winter Meeting Schedule:
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
9:00 a.m. Welcome: Janet Coit, Director of RI Department of Environmental Management
9:15 a.m. Scientific Foundation of Sustainability: Tom Wessels
For 3.5 billion years life has not only sustained itself, but has thrived on this planet. To create sustainable systems we don’t need to reinvent the wheel, we need only to embrace the foundational scientific principles that govern sustainability in all living systems. This presentation covers three of these foundational principles: the law of limits to growth, the second law of thermodynamics and its relationship to entropy, and the law of self-organization. Examples of how these laws work in the natural world will be used to show how they can be applied to human systems like a community or an economy.
Tom Wessels is an ecologist and founding director of the master’s degree program in Conservation Biology at Antioch University New England. He is the current chair of The Center for Whole Communities that fosters inclusive communities that are strongly rooted in place and where all people, regardless of income, race, or background, have access to and a healthy relationship with land. Tom has conducted landscape level workshops throughout the United States for more than 30 years. His books include: Reading the Forested Landscape, The Granite Landscape, Untamed Vermont, The Myth of Progress, and Forest Forensics: A Field Guide to Reading the Forested Landscape. Pesticide credit, NOFA credit, RICH Credit
10:30 a.m. Growers Panel Growers share what they are doing to survive this economic down-turn. Pat Hogan graduated from the URI Turf School in 1998. He has worked with SODCO Inc. for the past 30 years, the last 10 years as sales manager. He is a past president New England Sod Producers, past president RINLA, member of GCSACC, GCSA-NE, RIGCSA, MNLA, MLCP, CCLA, NESTMA, NE Grows and also serves on the RI Turfgrass Foundation’s Advisory Board.
Alan Muoio is owner of Forest Hills Nurseries in Cranston, RI.
Harry Chase is Sales Manager of Chase Farms in Portsmouth, RI. He attended Wentworth Institute of Technology. He is the founding chairman of the RI Greenhouse Growers Association. He served as RINLA Education Committee Chairman in 2000.
Noon Lunch and Presentations
1:00 p.m. Marketing in a Time of Change: Nick, Ron and Pete Cardi of Cardi’s Furniture
Nick, Ron and Pete Cardi (NIROPE) will have a short discussion about marketing and the history of Cardi’s Furniture. They will then open the session for questions to help attendees market their businesses successfully.
Cardi’s Furniture has been in business since 1928 and is owned and operated by the 3rd generation of the original founder. Nick, Ron and Pete Cardi have kept the company growing at an aggressive rate despite the economy.
2:30 p.m. Social Media Ed Forer will discuss building your company’s Web site
Katrina White will discuss guerrilla marketing techniques
2:30 p.m. Storm water regulations, NEMO: Caitlin Chaffee, CRMC
3:45 p.m. Reception and RINLA Annual Meeting
Wednesday January 25, 2012
9:00 a.m. Gardening with a Purpose – C.L. Fornari
As landscape professionals we deal with clients with unrealistic expectations, a hectic planting season, too much or too little rain, and the latest insect invaders. Given all of this, it’s easy to lose track of what our business truly means. From beautifully designed landscapes to the ways we solve problems, this talk celebrates the reasons our work is important. C.L. Fornari is a landscape consultant, author, speaker, and host of GardenLine heard on WXTK every Saturday morning. She runs the design and garden coaching services at Hyannis Country Garden, an independent garden center on Cape Cod, and oversees their event planning and educational programs.
10:30 a.m. URI Updates Peggy Siligato will discuss chemical storage, record keeping. Kate Venturini will discuss Rhody Native, professional trainings (Residential Rain Garden Training, Invasive Plant Management Certification Program, etc.) Dr. Richard Casagrande will give an insect and disease update
Heather Faubert will talk about the new insect pest spotted wing Drosophila and how this pertains to landscapers. She will also give an update on winter moths and winter moth biological control.
Pesticide credit
Noon Lunch and Presentations
1:00 p.m. ‘Policy and Politics’ – Discussion of legislation concerns
Sen. V. Susan Sosnowski, RI District 37 Ken Ayars, RI DEM Div. of Agriculture Al Bettencourt, RI Farm Bureau
2:30 p.m. Mammal Control – Mammal identification and control in the landscape.
Peggy Soligato, Narragansett Pest Control, Pesticide credit
2:30 p.m. Low Chemical Lawn Treatments and Using Natives
Wendy Ferguson, Save the Bay Pesticide credit
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Old 01-15-2012, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys just wanted to throw you a heads up before i put it on CL. I have a 60 watt hide a way strobe system for sale, 4 bulbs with cables. Everything works i just decided to get a 6 head unit instead. $150 let me know if anyone is interested

Greg

Old 01-15-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigirish320 View Post
Hey guys just wanted to throw you a heads up before i put it on CL. I have a 60 watt hide a way strobe system for sale, 4 bulbs with cables. Everything works i just decided to get a 6 head unit instead. $150 let me know if anyone is interested

Greg
What brand is it?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
What brand is it?
Crime stopper. Its a nova with a different label on it

Old 01-15-2012, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

hey if anyone is interested in a landscape trailer I have a 6x12 for sale...it has a custom box that just needs the expandable metal installed, it also has a trimmer rack that holds 2 weed wackers....I am looking for $900

but if anyone has a wright stander 48 or 52 inch I am willing to trade the trailer and a 48 inch lesco hydro walk behind.

let me know, I can send/upload pictures
Old 01-15-2012, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmlawn View Post
hey if anyone is interested in a landscape trailer I have a 6x12 for sale...it has a custom box that just needs the expandable metal installed, it also has a trimmer rack that holds 2 weed wackers....I am looking for $900

but if anyone has a wright stander 48 or 52 inch I am willing to trade the trailer and a 48 inch lesco hydro walk behind.

let me know, I can send/upload pictures
does it have brakes!
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer