Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2012, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

After reading several posts on this site about SAP, and talking to the founders, I decided to go with SAP. I learned that not only does SAP continue to improve on services offered, customer service (which is great btw),and expanding into marketing to streamline our marketing efforts. Jonathon and his partners actually uses this system for their service companies. It is a no brainer, once u not only understand all that they offer, but more importantly the direction they are heading. IMO, SAP really helps your company operate more proficient. I have not been a member too long, but already see the benefits of using SAP. I also have them creating more sites for our business for future services, so we can target more seasonal jobs in slower periods of the year. I love the mobility of the system btw!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Everyone seems to really love sap. I signed up two days ago and am having a horrible time- keep getting timed out, freezes, etc. I have spent 12+ hours just trying to get basic set up done. Based on my experience, I would drop it today, but there has been a lot of positive feedback about it. I love everything they have to offer, and am willing to spend the money, but can't do it if it works like this. Is anyone else having problems with it lately? I've called twice- the first guy said their server was running a little slow and it will be better in a couple weeks! The next guy said the same, but that they would have it fixed within the day. Not so much.

On another note- I noticed that you can use their estimating form in your own website- what about the client portal? Does anyone know if you MUST use their website to have that feature? I've spent too much time on my website to change it into a cookie cutter version of everyone else's!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysr7 View Post
On another note- I noticed that you can use their estimating form in your own website- what about the client portal? Does anyone know if you MUST use their website to have that feature? I've spent too much time on my website to change it into a cookie cutter version of everyone else's!
1. I'm not familiar with the estimating form. Where do I find that.

2. I put a portal link, "manage my account", in my website this week. It works fine.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:03 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=HBFOXJr;4278600]1. I'm not familiar with the estimating form. Where do I find that.

Not really sure. Haven't had much luck with basic functionality yet, or I'd call and ask.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've looked today but can't see it. Was is in sales info on the website or within the app?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The best browser to use is firefox. Chrome stinks and ie9 is worse.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willretire@40 View Post
The best browser to use is firefox. Chrome stinks and ie9 is worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krysr7 View Post
Everyone seems to really love sap. I signed up two days ago and am having a horrible time- keep getting timed out, freezes, etc. I have spent 12+ hours just trying to get basic set up done. Based on my experience, I would drop it today, but there has been a lot of positive feedback about it. I love everything they have to offer, and am willing to spend the money, but can't do it if it works like this. Is anyone else having problems with it lately? I've called twice- the first guy said their server was running a little slow and it will be better in a couple weeks! The next guy said the same, but that they would have it fixed within the day. Not so much.

I will tell you that after 4 weeks SAP finished my site. The site is a "cookie cutter template" and I have found 2 of the same (in different areas of course, but still). For a "template' site I don't see why it would take so long. All they had to do was use info from my existing site, so I would imagine it would have been pretty straight forward, but meh...... If you look at the site it is ATM the SAP site. I told em to take it down by tomorrow, and I have redirected my domains back to their original place. So it will be changing back soon

I was less than impressed and in fact was a little pissed off because I was within the top 4 of first page on Google locally in search. Now with their site I am not even on first page! I do realize SEO takes time, however I had to much time in my site to throw all that work away. Not to mention for such generic workmanship!

I used OSBL to create my site, and I will do so as it only costs about $12 a month versus SAP @ about $30. And I can customize it to my likings. I went w SAP as i thought they would do a much better job than I, since I had no idea what I was doing when I built my initial site. (THANK GOD I BACKED IT UP).

Now that said, SAP is awesome in all other areas, and if you want to fork over the $ they can customize you a website. I have no experience with that so I cant tell you how they do.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarps View Post
I have the service auto pilot demo in 1 hour, and evergreen tomorrow afternoon. I have a pdf they sent me with the screen shots and was quoted around $120 per month for evergreen which is also online based.

They sent me a pdf email with some screenshots. I'd be glad to share if you pm me your email. Honestly evergreen sounds incredibly more geared towards what I'm doing with fertilization and weed control but I'll know more after my live demo tomorrow. seems like it has every feature real green has which is what i have been using with my employer for the past 13 years including prepay letters but it also has online and mobile access which i wanted.
So mkarps how did your demos go with service auto pilot and evergreen?
I to have been searching for software, especially to help with marketing and scheduling.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What do you guys use for credit card merchants on service autopilot?

I have my website up and running that they built for me. I love this program
Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Bank of america with authorize.net as my gateway
Posted via Mobile Device