Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Need sealed 12v LED par36s for well lights

We used bulbs from LEDlight.com , although i ordered them from the "outdoor lighting" section... it says needs to be in a fixture. I think moisture alone will make these fail or when it rains hard since 3 of our bulbs have the diodes half out already after less than a month.

Any recommendations on where to buy them?
Old 01-20-2012, 02:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Take a look at the new Brilliance LED PAR36 lamps. Completely sealed for those canlight applications where the lamp is open to the atmosphere and moisture. We have three wattages (5-9-13) three beam patterns (15,30,60), and 6 colors (WW, CW, red, green, blue, amber). These high-quality units carry a 5-year warranty and are perfect for your application.

http://www.brillianceled.com/par36.html

Our website has a state map showing distributors near you.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

many of the par 36 LED's out there are for fixtures that are not open well cans. The ones that are sealed for open cans are not cheap. it is often cheaper or almost so to install a dedicated LED fixture than replace the bulb. I have seen some LED sealed par 36 bulbs at light club usa that are somewhat reasonable that may work for you, but I have no experience with them.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hadco makes a sealed PAR 36 fixture. Oops, just realized you're talking about a sealed LAMP. Look at FUSA, they may have something.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
Director, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightScenes View Post
Hadco makes a sealed PAR 36 fixture. Oops, just realized you're talking about a sealed LAMP. Look at FUSA, they may have something.

Thanks! Yes they seem to have the correct bulbs.. $83.xx each though :/

I think no matter what we do, we're %@#$^d on this job. Was a $2500 job with 13 lamps/11 being well lights. First residential LED job we did and of course most residentials are all well lights.

After the 12 Par36 LEDs we ordered - they're going to go bad quickly... they can be replaced but we'd have to install a lot of par 36 enclosed fixture/sealed lights to use them up, that cost cant be recouped.

Options are 1. sealed LED par 36s for about $935.00, go back out and reinstall all the new bulbs

2. Somehow seal the top of each bulb with a cover/silicone

3. install $20 covers/lens on the well lights and take off the grate covers.

4. Refund difference back to all halogen lights- and maybe not an option if he insists he wants the LEDs.

We already have to change out one mr16 that burns too "yellow" a 3-4000k color vs the well lights ordered were 5000k color but look more like 6000k.. not a big issue since that bulb is ina Unique sealed in ground fixture.

At least i know for next time to totally steer clear of well lights and LEDs in general.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Atkinson View Post
Take a look at the new Brilliance LED PAR36 lamps. Completely sealed for those canlight applications where the lamp is open to the atmosphere and moisture. We have three wattages (5-9-13) three beam patterns (15,30,60), and 6 colors (WW, CW, red, green, blue, amber). These high-quality units carry a 5-year warranty and are perfect for your application.

http://www.brillianceled.com/par36.html

Our website has a state map showing distributors near you.
Thanks, getting prices from Shemin & JD landscapes... by their photo online, id assume they're expensive too, they look high tech compared to that plain jane ones we have. Ill have to upload a photo here so you can see the difference. We paid $34~ each for these.

One looks "dirty" after almost having a flood nearly a few weeks ago.. this one was definitely "under water" , yet 5 look that way and only this one does this. Another has 3 diodes out, but not "HALF" like this one. Two others were off, took them out, inspected, reinstalled and work fine now ? Another picture is when new and the one in a fixture is of a Unique Big Bang Brass sealed fixture, id assume this one would last forever!
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes, I have seen these before. I have a pending project in Eugene OR where the client installed these same lamps in cans as you did. He brought them into the JDL counter the day I was there. Your sample looks good compared to his!

The Brilliance lamp is THE solution to your situation. They are more expensive than your sample in the photo, but consider our lamps are rated 50K hrs, as long as 10 of the standard landscape 35w units, but our LED should cost you only about as much as 5-6 lamps.

Then calculate the energy savings. You should see a great return on investment. Do the math for each client and you give them the best opportunity to say yes to you and to Brilliance. Let me know if I can help.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello Ramairfreak98ss,

I'm not sure if you found a sealed well light solution yet, but I wanted to let you know that Illumicare just finished production of our new LED PAR36 lamps.

All of our PAR36 lamps are IP68 rated, which means they are completely sealed for your can light applications where the lamp is open to the atmosphere and moisture.

Within the next few days, we are releasing these lamps in 3 LED (5 W), 5 LED (9W) and 7 LED (13W) configurations. Each wattage will have three beam spreads 15° (Spot), 30° (Narrow Flood) and 45° (Flood) in the 3000K (Halogen equivalent) color temperature. And all of our lamps carry a 4-year warranty.

The IP68 rating means that our lamps are dustproof and protected against continuous immersion in water – like the flooding you had a few weeks ago.

We know that many of the PAR 36 LEDs are not designed for open outdoor fixtures, and purchasing a lamp that won’t withstand the heat or moisture associated with landscape applications can be costly. That’s why ours are specifically designed for lighting applications where the lamp is exposed to weather and other debris. The surface of the lamp is completely sealed and the electronic components are sealed with a waterproof coating.

So no need to stay clear of LED well lights. Ours will last the rated 40,000 hours.

If you would like more information, I can send you a price sheet and some lamp specs. Just email me at pamelak@illumicaregroup.com.

All of this information will be available on our website as well.

http://www.illumicaregroup.com
Attached Images

Illumicare Group Limited
www.illumicaregroup.com

Old 01-24-2012, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.ledlight.com/par36_led_li...olt_ac-dc.aspx

How is it rated for 3k-7k kelvin???????????? kind of a wide range dont you think
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss View Post
Thanks! Yes they seem to have the correct bulbs.. $83.xx each though :/

I think no matter what we do, we're %@#$^d on this job. Was a $2500 job with 13 lamps/11 being well lights. First residential LED job we did and of course most residentials are all well lights.

After the 12 Par36 LEDs we ordered - they're going to go bad quickly... they can be replaced but we'd have to install a lot of par 36 enclosed fixture/sealed lights to use them up, that cost cant be recouped.

Options are 1. sealed LED par 36s for about $935.00, go back out and reinstall all the new bulbs

2. Somehow seal the top of each bulb with a cover/silicone

3. install $20 covers/lens on the well lights and take off the grate covers.

4. Refund difference back to all halogen lights- and maybe not an option if he insists he wants the LEDs.

We already have to change out one mr16 that burns too "yellow" a 3-4000k color vs the well lights ordered were 5000k color but look more like 6000k.. not a big issue since that bulb is ina Unique sealed in ground fixture.

At least i know for next time to totally steer clear of well lights and LEDs in general.

No offense but maybe you should steer clear of outdoor lighting. 5000k on the front of a resi home? I cant imagine how awful that home must look at night