Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is warm and I must be out of shape.

I know it is January but the temp is in the low 80's. I must be getting out of shape. I am 5'11 and 200lbs. I think I will have to lose some weight. This winter of eating has me wanting to lose weight before summer. How do u big guys do it? I see some big 250lbs + out doing lawns but man it has got to be tuff. I was buring up and its not summer.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Simple. Run, because it works. Start out jogging small distances until your winded then walk till you recoup, repeat as you wish. Eat healthy and drink lots of water.
89 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4
5x10 Trailer
Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

After growing up at military school... I fattened up when I left, especially during winter/non mowing season. GF and I just recently started going back to a local gym, its pretty cheap, no one is there early morning, and its a refreshing start to the day.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickleylawncare View Post
After growing up at military school... I fattened up when I left, especially during winter/non mowing season. GF and I just recently started going back to a local gym, its pretty cheap, no one is there early morning, and its a refreshing start to the day.
I need to get back in the gym and have come to the conclusion that morning is the only option cause after a day in the Florida summer, there is no way in hell I'm going to the gym.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I know it is January but the temp is in the low 80's. I must be getting out of shape. I am 5'11 and 200lbs. I think I will have to lose some weight. This winter of eating has me wanting to lose weight before summer. How do u big guys do it? I see some big 250lbs + out doing lawns but man it has got to be tuff. I was buring up and its not summer.
I'm about 250 (jump right in Ric) I recommend not going to the health spa, drinking plenty of beer and going to the Golden Coral Ric frequents for a five plate (not including desert) Bacchanalia.

All kidding aside, if you have a large frame, 200 isn't bad for 5'11" They tell me I should be between 165 & 176 at 6' even. Problem is I have a huge frame. My natural weight (where I don't look dead) is about 195 -205lbs.

In this business it's difficult for me to stay on an exercise regiment since my days start at 4:30 AM and by the time all the horses are back in the stall it's pushing 5 or 6 PM. I walk with my wife; all I can do since my knee replacement surgery.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKoester View Post
Simple. Run, because it works. Start out jogging small distances until your winded then walk till you recoup, repeat as you wish. Eat healthy and drink lots of water.
AHH the high cost of dieing young.

Yep Fat people's life expectancy is much lower than a Health weight. Plus add in the real reason to stay fit, QUALITY OF LIFE.

Of Course on the Plus side one would think these Fat Asses dieing young would helps save more SS resources for the healthy and fit. However before they kick the bucket they Milk Medicare for electric wheel chairs, stair glide elevators and colostomy and colonic irrigation. Yes not unlike some posters, More Crap than a Port A Potty at a Ex-lax Concert.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
AHH the high cost of dieing young.

Yep Fat people's life expectancy is much lower than a Health weight. Plus add in the real reason to stay fit, QUALITY OF LIFE.

Of Course on the Plus side one would think these Fat Asses dieing young would helps save more SS resources for the healthy and fit. However before they kick the bucket they Milk Medicare for electric wheel chairs, stair glide elevators and colostomy and colonic irrigation. Yes not unlike some posters, More Crap than a Port A Potty at a Ex-lax Concert.

Man Ric,

Being kind of hard on fat people the last couple of days aren't you?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
84 tomorrow!!! At this point I am just hoping a freeze does not come out of no where and fry everything. Some of the plants that took a hit during the freeze are already starting to bud out new growth which would not fair too well if we get hit again.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Someone cut him at golden corral last week. They took the last piece too. Seriously, I run after work. Ever since the time change I've been using the treadmill. I hate it but hey it keeps me in shape. My labradoodle is getting out of shape since he's hard to walk on the treadmill. I got up to 205 this past summer, and I'm 6ft. I dropped 15lbs in a month and cut my 2 mile run down to 13 minutes flat from 20 minutes. That's on the trail not the treadmill too.