Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-24-2012, 03:56 PM
williams lcm williams lcm is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: orlando fl
Posts: 763
It is warm and I must be out of shape.

I know it is January but the temp is in the low 80's. I must be getting out of shape. I am 5'11 and 200lbs. I think I will have to lose some weight. This winter of eating has me wanting to lose weight before summer. How do u big guys do it? I see some big 250lbs + out doing lawns but man it has got to be tuff. I was buring up and its not summer.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
dKoester's Avatar
dKoester dKoester is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: yummytown
Posts: 2,713
Simple. Run, because it works. Start out jogging small distances until your winded then walk till you recoup, repeat as you wish. Eat healthy and drink lots of water.
__________________
Wright stander
FS90R
Br600
89 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4
5x10 Trailer
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:51 PM
stickleylawncare's Avatar
stickleylawncare stickleylawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl
Posts: 170
After growing up at military school... I fattened up when I left, especially during winter/non mowing season. GF and I just recently started going back to a local gym, its pretty cheap, no one is there early morning, and its a refreshing start to the day.
__________________
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
www.stickleyturfandpest.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 4,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickleylawncare View Post
After growing up at military school... I fattened up when I left, especially during winter/non mowing season. GF and I just recently started going back to a local gym, its pretty cheap, no one is there early morning, and its a refreshing start to the day.
I need to get back in the gym and have come to the conclusion that morning is the only option cause after a day in the Florida summer, there is no way in hell I'm going to the gym.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 AM
jvanvliet's Avatar
jvanvliet jvanvliet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 3,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I know it is January but the temp is in the low 80's. I must be getting out of shape. I am 5'11 and 200lbs. I think I will have to lose some weight. This winter of eating has me wanting to lose weight before summer. How do u big guys do it? I see some big 250lbs + out doing lawns but man it has got to be tuff. I was buring up and its not summer.
I'm about 250 (jump right in Ric) I recommend not going to the health spa, drinking plenty of beer and going to the Golden Coral Ric frequents for a five plate (not including desert) Bacchanalia.

All kidding aside, if you have a large frame, 200 isn't bad for 5'11" They tell me I should be between 165 & 176 at 6' even. Problem is I have a huge frame. My natural weight (where I don't look dead) is about 195 -205lbs.

In this business it's difficult for me to stay on an exercise regiment since my days start at 4:30 AM and by the time all the horses are back in the stall it's pushing 5 or 6 PM. I walk with my wife; all I can do since my knee replacement surgery.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Ric's Avatar
Ric Ric is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: S W Florida
Posts: 10,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by dKoester View Post
Simple. Run, because it works. Start out jogging small distances until your winded then walk till you recoup, repeat as you wish. Eat healthy and drink lots of water.
AHH the high cost of dieing young.

Yep Fat people's life expectancy is much lower than a Health weight. Plus add in the real reason to stay fit, QUALITY OF LIFE.

Of Course on the Plus side one would think these Fat Asses dieing young would helps save more SS resources for the healthy and fit. However before they kick the bucket they Milk Medicare for electric wheel chairs, stair glide elevators and colostomy and colonic irrigation. Yes not unlike some posters, More Crap than a Port A Potty at a Ex-lax Concert.

.
__________________
.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
AHH the high cost of dieing young.

Yep Fat people's life expectancy is much lower than a Health weight. Plus add in the real reason to stay fit, QUALITY OF LIFE.

Of Course on the Plus side one would think these Fat Asses dieing young would helps save more SS resources for the healthy and fit. However before they kick the bucket they Milk Medicare for electric wheel chairs, stair glide elevators and colostomy and colonic irrigation. Yes not unlike some posters, More Crap than a Port A Potty at a Ex-lax Concert.

.
Man Ric,

Being kind of hard on fat people the last couple of days aren't you?
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams lcm View Post
I know it is January but the temp is in the low 80's. I must be getting out of shape. I am 5'11 and 200lbs. I think I will have to lose some weight. This winter of eating has me wanting to lose weight before summer. How do u big guys do it? I see some big 250lbs + out doing lawns but man it has got to be tuff. I was buring up and its not summer.
84 tomorrow!!! At this point I am just hoping a freeze does not come out of no where and fry everything. Some of the plants that took a hit during the freeze are already starting to bud out new growth which would not fair too well if we get hit again.
__________________
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM
unkownfl's Avatar
unkownfl unkownfl is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orlando/Windermere
Posts: 3,750
Someone cut him at golden corral last week. They took the last piece too. Seriously, I run after work. Ever since the time change I've been using the treadmill. I hate it but hey it keeps me in shape. My labradoodle is getting out of shape since he's hard to walk on the treadmill. I got up to 205 this past summer, and I'm 6ft. I dropped 15lbs in a month and cut my 2 mile run down to 13 minutes flat from 20 minutes. That's on the trail not the treadmill too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.07724 seconds with 9 queries