Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Need suggestion on 12v pump for pre M sprayer.

So last year we were gonna build a sprayer that was run by a 12 pump for the pre m sprayer, we went with a roller pump as i had an engine laying around. This year we want to build a 12v sprayer on a 200 gallon tank, to help minimize space on the trailer, this way we can attach all the pumps and reels onto the unit itself, Im looking to spray 40-60 psi and agitate the mix with one pump, and not spend over 150$-200 for the pump, for that money i could build a nice roller pump set up( pump $100, engine$200, fittings $60). Any suggestions would be awesome, we usually only fill up 100-150 gallons a day and use this for a few months outta the year, its a square tank, i can build a roller pump in my sleep, looking at all the 12v makes me dizzy..........
Old 01-27-2012, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

There are electric pumps that might be able to do what you want. However I do not think they run under $200. I priced out some electric pumps for a possible account in a resort community. No gas engines before 8 AM and I want to be done and out of there before 9. For 200 PSI and 4 GPM, I was looking at around $700. About as much as a Hypro D252

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You don't really need that much pressure. The 1 gal per minute leectric pumps run about $60 at Tractor Supply Company. Or get the bigger model like the use on the Z-spray bigger but more expensive.