Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-04-2003, 04:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Does this look like a good spray rig for a ZTM

Hi Gang,

I have been thinking about building a spray rig from scratch but a I ran across this one at Tractor supply today for $359.00.

http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp...&productID=958

I will be mounting the tank behind the seat on a Gravely 260Z and the boom will bolt right up to the bumper on the back.

Let me know what you think about this.

Later
Z
RedMax
and bunch of home owner junk....
Old 06-04-2003, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's 10 ft or nothing and the flat fan tips will give a fine spray that will drift where you don't want. Don't buy it.
Old 06-04-2003, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks HBFOXJr!

I don't know much about these things, except what I read around here. Still I would like to build one from scratch and save some money

Don't think I will be getting this one.....

Later
Z
RedMax
Old 06-04-2003, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not even the same type sprayer needed for this type of application. It IS a good thing they show a picture of it mounted on a quad, though, and I hope it's a FAST quad, because this sprayer offers you about 7 minutes of spray time for a full tank. And HOW fast can we do a yard...........?????
My best suggestion would be do alot, and I mean ALOT of research in this field before "jumping out" and blasting peoples props with chemicals.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Runner!

Yes I'm not going to jump on anybody soon, still studying to get my license I hope by this fall. Right now I'm just mow blow and go and will work on my lawn till I get a handle on chemicals.

We have had so much rain that it has brought on lawn problem's we don't normally have And I can't find anybody with a license to sub it out to (scrub world)

Thanks!
Z
RedMax
Old 06-10-2003, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Zq8, do a search for my name and you will find pics of my sprayer. It came from TSC as a trail behind model that I reworked for a front mount. LGF also has pics of his on here. TSC does sell a suitable sprayer for a starting point.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would say the spray rate on that is less than 1 gallon per a minute so it would take longer than 25 minutes to spray the tank out, the 3.5gpm is the pump rating, not the nozzles, and the nozzles are the application rate. Since it does not say what they are we can't tell what the spray rate of it really is.

My set up for my DC, is 1 gallon per a minute, so for 25gal its would take exactly 25 min to spray it out if run continuously.

The set up would be a good start, but 7 nozzles I think are too wide. that's 11'6" plus another 40" for over spray of the outside 2. With a boom that wide you would want valves to shut some off.

Search for spray rigs, there are some pics of different ones some of us built ourselves.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Sprayer

The Godfather's right! Most boom applicators spray about 1/2 gal. per 1000 sq. ft. that means 50,000 sq ft. out of 25 gallons of mix.

You could always change nozzles to get the right droplet size and
volume for the type of spraying you want to do.

My guess is that for $389 something is real cheap. Probably has a shurflo pump and really cheap nozzles, hose, accesories, etc.

If you do enough spraying you would only need to use it for a couple weeks to pay for itself.