Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I rented the Volvo last week. I really liked how comfortable the cab was and the visibility. The side door is awesome and It had a lot of power
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

JBC makes the skidsteers and CTL's for Volvo. They are the same machines. Maybe a few cosmetic differences but they are the same machine.

Anyone can run equipment, very few can operate.

Check out what I do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BobcatNinja2124

The company I work for.
http://www.interstatelandscapenh.com/

Follow me on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/TheDirtNinja
Old 01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomG View Post
JBC makes the skidsteers and CTL's for Volvo. They are the same machines. Maybe a few cosmetic differences but they are the same machine.
They come off the same assembly line, so they will be the same machines.

Just like New Holland used to make John Deeres skid steer back in the 80's.

Tak makes gehls ctl.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dvs im not sure what you mean by half doors... The front windshield removes pretty easily, but I dont see a need for that. Myself or whoever is using it can use all the A/C they want. Machine was about 39,000 or so.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey52 View Post
Dvs im not sure what you mean by half doors... The front windshield removes pretty easily, but I dont see a need for that. Myself or whoever is using it can use all the A/C they want. Machine was about 39,000 or so.

LOL - ok, please pardon my Lingo, I'm a Diehard Jeeper. And with the Old CJ's we call a certain style of hard door - "1/2 doors"!

Somewhere on JCB's website they show a pic of a machine with an enclosed cab. All the glass, etc.

Then there is another pic of a machine with NO glass. It has a steel mesh door on it that looks like the 1/2 doors on the Jeeps.

Our CAT has an enclosed cab, but it's only to be used for moving snow. This is my personal preference (I'm not asking if anyone agrees with me or not), but I do not think it's right that I sit in the machine on a 103-degree day (which is very realistic here in MD) with the A/C blowing on me, while the guys are humping 486 pound wheel burrows up a hill all day long in the blazing sunlight. (yes, Mr DVS does have a compassionate side)

So at the Techo show when I saw the enclosewd glass cab, I thought to myself "we can't have an enclosed glass cab and I dont see where the windows slide open enough to allow a breeze to come through"

And then upon further review I see where you can have an open cab, it kinda reminds me of the ROPS on a Log Skidder.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

nice looking machine how much these guys go for
Old 01-27-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

DVS, got ya. Yea ours is the enclosed glass... The side widow however opens and its is very large opening.. Actually I had to have the dealer show me how to close the door correctly the door is so large (which sounds odd, I mean its just closing the door) So when you close the door, the handle clicks onto on lock, but you can see the door is not funnly latched. Well the door pushes so much air, you need to have the window open to close the door, and when you are standing infront of it, there is a serious WOOSHH of air that punches you in the face!.

Also the whole front windshield removes with 4 easy handles.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The full glass enclosure may come with heat or ac, whereas the steel mesh cab is without.
61" Wright zk
ASV SR 70
Takeuchi 135
Kubota 7610 40" rotadarion
20' enclosed 10k lawncare trailer
18' aluminum 12k equipment trailer
35hp Giant Vac leaf loader
Old 01-27-2012, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
LOL - ok, please pardon my Lingo, I'm a Diehard Jeeper. And with the Old CJ's we call a certain style of hard door - "1/2 doors"!

Somewhere on JCB's website they show a pic of a machine with an enclosed cab. All the glass, etc.

Then there is another pic of a machine with NO glass. It has a steel mesh door on it that looks like the 1/2 doors on the Jeeps.

Our CAT has an enclosed cab, but it's only to be used for moving snow. This is my personal preference (I'm not asking if anyone agrees with me or not), but I do not think it's right that I sit in the machine on a 103-degree day (which is very realistic here in MD) with the A/C blowing on me, while the guys are humping 486 pound wheel burrows up a hill all day long in the blazing sunlight. (yes, Mr DVS does have a compassionate side)

So at the Techo show when I saw the enclosewd glass cab, I thought to myself "we can't have an enclosed glass cab and I dont see where the windows slide open enough to allow a breeze to come through"

And then upon further review I see where you can have an open cab, it kinda reminds me of the ROPS on a Log Skidder.

Do you still drive a jeep?

I might be the only landscaper that drives around in their JK with the doors off to do quotes and estimates. Much rather drive it around than a truck. Better on gas, easier for doing 7 U-turns when you're looking for a house on a street with no numbers.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Another downside to jcb, be prepared to lose your ass when you resell it/trade.

Hard to beat a takie these days. A takie would probably be a dvs spreadsheet winner.