Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-28-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417lawncare View Post
Any other reasons than speed? I am not about alot of speed and really want the stand on attachment. Does the vride have a stand on option? Also I'm not lazy I just want it if its my only mower. (other than my push mower) When I get an additional riding ztr I wont use the sulky attachment. Long days and a medical discarge from leg injuries has me thinking walking will tear me down.
The vride is considered a stand on mower. A spring loaded platform is on the back to stand on. It is a tighter unit move back and forth. Go to scags website and watch the video on the vride.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Member

The freedom Z is not meant to be ran hard everyday, there's a reason it is cheaper. It's aimed for people with large properties to cut their mowing time down, but still only be ran once a week or so.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Can I get a longer explanation, like I quoted from Scag it is called a comercial mower, its way cheaper than the other two options. Is Scag lying about it being a commercial mower?
Hydros are more residential end or seen on walkbehinds. Deck is not the velocity, spindles are sealed and not their standard high quality ones, skinner front wheels, speed is slower. Used commerically it might last 3yrs. A tiger cat, vride, pro v you will get sick of seeing the same mower year after year before you need to repace it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i vote get this. a scag v-ride stander. add a turf tiger or cheetah ztr down the road.

better yet buy this 48" v-ride from this guy on lawnsite for $5000.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364823
Old 01-29-2012, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

By mid year the Freedom Z will be much improved. Major changes are coming. I can't say what changes but it will be a much better mower for commercial applications.
There are also major changes with the Cheetah. A 52' deck and many more engine combinations. Valley Crest has had a 52' in our area for at least 6 months.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Hydros are more residential end or seen on walkbehinds. Deck is not the velocity, spindles are sealed and not their standard high quality ones, skinner front wheels, speed is slower. Used commerically it might last 3yrs. A tiger cat, vride, pro v you will get sick of seeing the same mower year after year before you need to repace it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the info! That is the explanation I was looking for. I new at that price things would different just not what those differences would be.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
The vride is considered a stand on mower. A spring loaded platform is on the back to stand on. It is a tighter unit move back and forth. Go to scags website and watch the video on the vride.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah I need a stand on for previous said reasons, so why vride over Pro V. I know the turning mechanism and speed are different but what else? Is the vride really worth the extra money compared to the Pro V with attached RSS ride behind? Just for extra speed ill end up paying $1,200.00 more with the vride with stated facts I dont know if its worth it. Remember I'm getting the Pro V for fleet price because of Scags Promo along with the 48 months at 0%. This makes my monthly payment on the Pro V $120.00 and the V Ride 145.00 if the V Ride is $6,975.00 which is an online price my dealer can match.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Just try both out and see what you like, they are two completely different machines.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah I need a stand on for previous said reasons, so why vride over Pro V. I know the turning mechanism and speed are different but what else? Is the vride really worth the extra money compared to the Pro V with attached RSS ride behind? Just for extra speed ill end up paying $1,200.00 more with the vride with stated facts I dont know if its worth it. Remember I'm getting the Pro V for fleet price because of Scags Promo along with the 48 months at 0%. This makes my monthly payment on the Pro V $120.00 and the V Ride 145.00 if the V Ride is $6,975.00 which is an online price my dealer can match.
The vride platform has springs which cushion bump, a knee pad to lean into which is comfortable, compact, easy to see everything around the mower. I can't tell you what $1200 is worth to you. I can say to me its well worth it and the trend in the market is vride over a pro v.

Unlike some with opinions I have put money in buying the product, using the product. I wouldn't buy a w/b unless its a 36" or smaller mower.

I can't really explain more. Go try them both and I think you will understand why most are buying the vride.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by djagusch; 01-29-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks I'll be test driving one today hopefully.

Tags
pro v , ride on mower , scag , starting buisness , walk behind