Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
Cept no where in the quote that youre responding to did bailey make any mention of how anything was paid for.
Posted via Mobile Device
Said it was financed for 1.25% and you typically dont get good rates for terms shorter than 5 years
Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
As my quote
In my sig says "people throw rocks at things that shine"

And muddywater - if ppl Didn't buy new, u wouldn't have anything to sell.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah your right. I should be glad people buy shiny toys.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Said it was financed for 1.25% and you typically dont get good rates for terms shorter than 5 years
Your keyword I realize is "typically".

But you're not correct. I had a 0% note With CNH for 4 years. Fact is,
There is no such thing as 0% or even 1.5%. They bake the finance charge into the machine price. CNH didn't finance my machine for free, nothing is ever free, you pay one way or the other.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2012, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Your keyword I realize is "typically".

But you're not correct. I had a 0% note With CNH for 4 years. Fact is,
There is no such thing as 0% or even 1.5%. They bake the finance charge into the machine price. CNH didn't finance my machine for free, nothing is ever free, you pay one way or the other.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's like people that trade their old stuff in and keep negotiating a higher price for the trade in. Meanwhile, it's getting tacked on the sale price.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's strange how people just know how everything works for other people. Our 2 last duramax 2500's I bought new. 0% for 72 months. I got my pricing before they knew if I was paying cash or financing. I always go to 3 dealerships and tell them I am buying a truck, what's your best cash price. Hasn't wronged me yet.( except with the 6.0 ford diesel.... P.o.s.)
Old 01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey52 View Post
It's strange how people just know how everything works for other people. Our 2 last duramax 2500's I bought new. 0% for 72 months. I got my pricing before they knew if I was paying cash or financing. I always go to 3 dealerships and tell them I am buying a truck, what's your best cash price. Hasn't wronged me yet.( except with the 6.0 ford diesel.... P.o.s.)
My old man used to own a GMC truck dealership. See, the manufacturer's finance company work out all the details with the manufacturer behind the scene, prior to launching the program, and do not involve the dealer. Your transaction with the dealer has nothing to do with the 0% interest. This is why banks and credit unions don't offer 0% financing, they're not affiliated with the manufacturer and can't funnel the money in through the back door.

The finance companies are in business to make money, just like you and I are. They're all about numbers, and be assured - your loan isn't free. They're making a few hundred off of you

And you're correct, always get the vehicle price up front. No not even hint about trade in, or how you're going to pay for it. Infact, dealers like you to finance the deal, as they make money from writing the finance. Most dealer finance managers make no less than $150k / year. I had a buddy buy a 4-Runner, cash, OH that finance manager was furious because he didn't make a dime and he had to handle the final papers! He didnt say he was mad, but I could tell by his demeanor.

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One of my friends owns a GMC dealership and he tried to get me to buy a new SUV for my wife. The 0% price was more than the cash price by about 3-4k. I ended up buying a 4- year old SUV with 25k miles for about 25k less than a new one. Its still pretty shiny!! I pay cash for everything so it is much harder to let go of the money, and it forces me to find the absolute best deal I can find.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey52 View Post

Regardless of what you negotiate, certain aspects of zero percent financing can't be negotiated.

They don't offer the same rebates, etc... when you get the zero % financing.

You might still qualify for a dealer cash rebate, in which they will just add to the bottom end.

A dealer will not sell you a new vehicle at a loss, neither will the manufacturer.

Just like you won't install a drive well below your cost and tell the customer they can pay in 2 years.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Your saying a lot of things we already know.

I just re-read all my post... I didnt see where I said, "Hey, I bought a truck... and it was sooo cheap, the dealer didnt even make any money, I WON"

Im off to go buy a new 60" LED for my office... Yep... NEW!
And im going to put in on my credit card.. and pay it off before my due date.. I BEAT THE MAN!

Last edited by jbailey52; 01-29-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

And noone seemed to mention how Dealers make a higher NET on used vehicle then they do on new. Hence all those " WE WANT YOU USED CCCAARRRRRR" ads