Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Weathermatic Smartlink

My supply house emailed me this for the Smartlink.

Employee Discount Special
Weathermatic would like you to personally take advantage of the benefits of SmartLink at the
same price as Weathermatic employees. We want professional customers (including Distributors,
Contractors and Specifiers) to experience the amazing benefits of SmartLink and there’s no
better place than your own home! Offer is limited to 1 per Green industry professional and not
for resale.
EMPLOYEE
DISCOUNT
$199.95
1 SL1600 4-zone controller
1 SLM4 4-zone module
1 SL-AIRCARD1 SmartLink Aircard with 1-year service plan
Additional SLM4 modules: $10.00
List Price Value: $959.85
Order model number: SMARTLINKEMPPKG

Starter Pack
Weathermatic would like to jump start your opportunity to start saving time and money with
SmartLink! In addition to the SmartLink Employee Discount Package for your home or office,
the SmartLink Starter Pack provides you with a FREE Aircard and 1-year service plan bundle
when you buy your first 3 units (model: SL-AIRCARD1 or equivalent of greater value) . This is a
limited time offer and limited to 1 per contracting company or entity.
Buy 3
Get 1
FREE!
List Price
Value: $500
REDEMPTION INSTRUCTIONS
(Only available at participating authorized SmartLink distributors):
Purchase 3 SL-AIRCARD units on a single purchase order and submit the following items via mail or fax:
1. Copy of this offer sheet completed below.
2. Copy of purchase order.
Mail: SmartLink Aircard Offer, Weathermatic, 3301 W. Kingsley Rd., Garland, TX 75041
Fax :972-271-5710.
Weathermatic will ship your free Aircard directly to you. Please allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing.

Has anyone used the Smartlink yet?
From what I have read it sounds very good.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got one sitting on my desk.
Hopefully WM will get the controller to do flow monitoring soon, with the Smart Link providing e-mail/phone alerts. Right now, with the cost of the unit and service, along with the lack of features, I don't see how I'm gonna sell too many of them.

Link to SmartLink.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds good, but at the price and the dismal failure rate of weathermatic controller products, doesn't make me want to rush out and get one.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Member

..."I've got one sitting on my desk. Hopefully WM will get the controller to do flow monitoring soon, with the Smart Link providing e-mail/phone alerts. Right now, with the cost of the unit and service, along with the lack of features, I don't see how I'm gonna sell too many of them"

Sprinkus, what controller/monitoring interface are you currently using? I've been using the IMMS and ACC controllers, but look forward to trying the Smartline in these applications. Just curious.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
..."I've got one sitting on my desk. Hopefully WM will get the controller to do flow monitoring soon, with the Smart Link providing e-mail/phone alerts. Right now, with the cost of the unit and service, along with the lack of features, I don't see how I'm gonna sell too many of them"

Sprinkus, what controller/monitoring interface are you currently using? I've been using the IMMS and ACC controllers, but look forward to trying the Smartline in these applications. Just curious.
Mostly using Tucor on the large projects.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkus View Post
Mostly using Tucor on the large projects.
We have been doing a lot of Rainbird IQ lately, but it is more expensive vs. Tucor, plus the LXD only runs 4 programs. It just makes sense to use it to replace the old MDC (which we hated) with a LXD then yank 80 - 100 decoders.

I 100% agree that Tucor is the way to go, especially on sites where we foot the bill for the gear to run online monitoring. It is tucked into the yearly maintenance contract, but the cost savings of having a tech programming in the field is massive. I would rather have the techs checks all the zones, report to the service manager, and then the manager makes the adjustments at the shop.

We can sell it to the customer easy by just saving them water by killing the programs before rain hits the ground. I would rather do all the programming manually rather than use ET, but we have sites done both ways.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If it says made in china on it anywhere proceed with caution.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I called Weathermatic today to find out about firmware upgrades for Smartline controllers. They want you to mail them the controller for the firmware upgrade. They said one day turnaround on the update and 2 to 6 days in shipping

If you would like to demo the Smartlink follow the link below.
Enter email- guest@guest.com
Password- guestpass
There is a 8 station and a 48 station controller.

http://www.smartlinknetwork.com/
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The local distributor here has a panel exchange program, which allows you to basically get a loaner panel while the original panel is updated. There is a fee for this.

I did send an inquiry to WM about access to the review feature for the weather monitor data. They said that it should be available in a month or two.

Still waiting for flow monitoring.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

How often are they doing these updates?