Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindblomRJ View Post
The pallets are are a great idea. Using a handcart off a set of ramps might not be the best idea. with that sort of weight I can see bad things happening once you start down the ramps.
It is a full landscape gate not a ramp. My tailer has a beavertail then gate, It is not too steep. Let her down easy then pull away. Might be a few kinks in the idea but after a while Im sure I could make it work. Nothing ventured nothing gained

Old 02-04-2012, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

The forks will probably bottom out at the transition between the trailer deck and the ramp...they sit pretty low and have pretty small wheels. The grade you can push/pull a load on a pallet truck is pretty shallow, like 5%...and on something like an expanded steel gate...just forget it...really. Unloading wood by hand isn't particularly time consuming.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:24 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
The forks will probably bottom out at the transition between the trailer deck and the ramp...they sit pretty low and have pretty small wheels. The grade you can push/pull a load on a pallet truck is pretty shallow, like 5%...and on something like an expanded steel gate...just forget it...really. Unloading wood by hand isn't particularly time consuming.
That is my thinking. I'd like to and watch them attemp such a feat. A pallet jack with any sort of obstruction gravel, expanded metal or any uneven surface is major pain in the backside.

Veritas and æquitas
Old 02-04-2012, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Well even if the unloading at the final destination doesn't pan out, piling on a pallet then park it in the area for drying, then pick it back up to load on trailer, then hand unload from there. saves handling to many times.

These are just thoughts. Ill probably start all by hand then figure out some effeciencies from there.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Points View Post
Well even if the unloading at the final destination doesn't pan out, piling on a pallet then park it in the area for drying, then pick it back up to load on trailer, then hand unload from there. saves handling to many times.

These are just thoughts. Ill probably start all by hand then figure out some effeciencies from there.
stack them on the pallets is a good idea. Keep the wood off the ground and air flow through them. Loading them onto the trailer is also a workable setup if you have a skid with forks.

Veritas and æquitas