3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl blowers(hand and backback)
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 02-01-2012, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Being it a 2010 it will say that on it along with the month built. Also did dealer or you install the speed up pulley on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Member

It was explained to me as long as it was manufactured after sept of 2010 the hydros should be almost bulet proof. Walker is trying to work out warranty issues with eaton with over 10,000 bad hydros!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyslawnservice View Post
not sure if this is the right place on this form for this topic.

So I got my new walker mower 26hp efi kohler command pro in dec of 2010 for the snow, i have the 47'' broom attachment for it.
problems:
I've had it out working probably half doz times now and it has blown the oil seal on the crankshaft 3 times, not the side with the pulleys but the side next to the muffler.
It has been in the shop under warranty repair 3 times now. This time i told them I wanted it fixed not just slide a new seal on and put me out the door.
This time they came up with a reason for it blowing the seal... a breather hose on the bottom of the engine is getting ice in it and creating pressure and blowing the seal... So they have put in a call to kohler that was Tues and this is Sat no word back sofar from any one. If the fix doesn't work this time I'm thinking of talking directly to walker and see what they can do for Me.

Oh the last time it blew, the walker was in a heated shop(and let it warm up for 10 min), I loaded it on the trailer, got to the first job and oil every where!!!!!!

has any one else had this problem? please let me know of any problems to look out for or a fix for this one
Walker wont do crap for you at least they dint for me
You can do this yourself in the oil fill cap take cap off put this breather where cap was
Just in winter time
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesimoes2 View Post
Walker wont do crap for you at least they dint for me
You can do this yourself in the oil fill cap take cap off put this breather where cap was
Just in winter time
you had the same problem? if so what lead to the seal blowing and what did you dealer do if anything

wouldn't that mean i have blow-by in my engine? or it just nat has some pressure and desides to toss a seal every now and again
1999 f250 SD 8'2'' boss super v flat bed
2001 f250 SD 8'2'' boss super v reg bed
16' custom flatbed trailer
mowers and handhelds
2000 walker mower 26efi 42'' mulch deck
2011 walker mower 26efi 42'' ghs deck
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Member

no speed up kit has ever been installed on my walker

well no new updates been a over a week now with no word from any one at the dealership how long does it really take to check and adjust a parking break?
mowers and handhelds
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 02-08-2012, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyslawnservice View Post
no speed up kit has ever been installed on my walker

well no new updates been a over a week now with no word from any one at the dealership how long does it really take to check and adjust a parking break?

It takes about ten minutes to adjust the parking brake for left and right sides. Sounds like perhaps they are privately testing to be sure you will not have a problem again, or working out the bugs with walker/distributor. I don't know if I would push them. Maybe suttle friendly phone call, "just checking in on progress".
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2012, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
I don't know if I would push them. Maybe suttle friendly phone call, "just checking in on progress".
Posted via Mobile Device
dont worry i've been in biz long enough to know not to burn bridges. i may vent on here but i've been respectful to the dealership. didn't ask any questions the other 2 times this has happened. this time i'm asking questions. if it happes to have this problem again things will be turned up a notch. planning to call tomorrow.
mowers and handhelds
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 02-10-2012, 02:50 AM
LawnSite Member

update!!!
got my walker to day! they put some insulation on the hose(i thought it would be on the bottom but it was on the top right where the air intake is).
the theory is still the cooling fans are circulating cold air over the engine and clogged air fins: condensation in the air tube and freezing making ice and popping out the seal. problem being: it was new and clean when this problem started.

i called up today and asked if the walker was done.. yes! been done sense last Tues just honestly forgot to call me. to be clear when i said i was getting tired of my dealer it was in regards to the fact that they don't have mechanic on duty and or the mechanic's they've had represent them haven't been up to par. they know this and they think the new guy is up to par. time will tell, this guy did take the time to look into what may be causing this problem

first thing they did when i got there, they started off with was. Walker call us(my dealer)the other day saying that there was a certain online form that has been brought to there attention. so walker and my dealer went through this form and read it together. my dealer was ticked that i would openly bash them online and asked how i would feel if they did the same to me. i told them it was a open form and they can say what they want, i never bashed them. they also said i was making them look like they didn't know what they where doing and that they where just passing on what the mechanic was telling them.

recap:
seal on the engine: they said that sense this problem has been coming back that even if the warranty has expired they will cover it.
yes my walker is fixed this time
they also said that cause they had so many hydros go out that they extended the warranty past the 2y 1000 hr.. sweet!
Walker Mower Company knows of my problems because they know of this form
my dealer is trying to help but they have had some problems with finding a good mechanic to represent them.
mowers and handhelds
3 toro 21'' pro lines
plugger aerator 800
husky chansaw
stihl trimmers
stihl hedge trimmers
Old 02-10-2012, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good news for you. It looks like you have things goig right finally. It is encouraging that Walker does monitor this forum. I have said it before, they do care what is happening with their product and thats why I will always own a Walker. The dealer seems to have figured the mechanic thing out and you have to give them a hats off for trying. Good Luck with your machine. Thanks for the updates.

Tags
kohler , kohler oil leak , walker mower , walker oil leak