Register free!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
All good business sense, the only lag I could see (and it happened to me), is the parts house has raised it's prices and neglected to inform you, thus the caveat, "bill from the invoice". Easier said than done when you want to bill and have not gotten the invoice.
But most of us buy in advance to keep stocked up, so you shouldn't be buying daily and worrying about the daily price. Plus when we buy, we get our invoice right then and there and can see the price. But with my markups, a few percentages won't hurt if we miss a price change.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
But most of us buy in advance to keep stocked up, so you shouldn't be buying daily and worrying about the daily price. Plus when we buy, we get our invoice right then and there and can see the price. But with my markups, a few percentages won't hurt if we miss a price change.
True, at 45% mark-up, one can afford a % loss, or so. I was guilty, one time, of virtually giving away valve boxes because I used my old numbers.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

using a service like HS, the employees don't need to look up prices. I, as the owner, would enter the data into QB or HS, and it would be in the drop down menu for the component. They just enter quantity.
Mike - if you get some free time check out the two videos and let us know what you think. One is a little interactive, where you click every now and then. It would be good to hear your initial thoughts, as someone from the typewriter age.
http://www.hindsitesoftware.com/fiel...tware-demo.cfm
http://www.hindsitesoftware.com/demo.cfm
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It would be good to hear your initial thoughts, as someone from the typewriter age.
I will. Geez, I miss the smell of "white-out" in the morning.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello My Friend, I know what you are talking about; but you may find some relief in this program: service auto pilot.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtism View Post
Hello My Friend, I know what you are talking about; but you may find some relief in this program: service auto pilot.
Welcome to the forum; we're a bunch of startched shirts around here, so a link would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Pricing by FIFO or LIFO can change your margin significantly if the commodities price fluctuates drastically.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawtism View Post

Old 01-22-2013, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

LOL. If your going to use the "office girl" to send over the workorders from HS to QB - they should have "some" knowledge about the Irrigation field. And I only laugh because I am an "Office gir/ General Mananger/ AR/AP Scheduling/ Human resources and so forth . The software is great. Are you using mobile devices or tablets?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
I posted this thread in the LawnCare forum. But I wanted to post it here too, because I know irrigation companies who are using this program as well. Wanted feedback from any of you who have been using this or anything similar as well......

--

Anyone use any of the high-end proprietary field service / routing software? For instance, Hindsite. I know there are other programs out there. I don't mind paying good money for them.

But Hindsite is $500 to purchase and then like $50-$99 per crew / tech. you have running. For me, that adds up to almost $800 per month!!!! I just can't see paying that much each month just to use a program. Especially when for 3-4 months in the winter we wouldn't hardly be using it very much. That's almost $10K a year!

Anyone know of anything that works like Hindsite, but is a little less expensive?

http://www.hindsitesoftware.com/fiel...tware-demo.cfm

Hey Jim,

Just wanted to reach out to you to see if you would check us out. Based on what you described above, I think we'd be A LOT cheaper than Hindsite. There is no set up fee and our monthly rates are $29 plus $9 per additional user. That's probably a lot easier to swallow.

Let me know if you have any questions. Also, I think there are a few guys on here running Jobber so maybe they can help you too.

Thanks,

Jeff

Watch our 14 minute Quick Tour Video

Have feedback for Jobber? Email or call me direct at 587-400-9852.

www.getjobber.com | landen@getjobber.com | 1-888-721-1115 Ext 114
Twitter: @GetJobber | Jobber on Facebook