Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Why do you feel a need to make this public? Couldn't a PM work? Are you trying to make a scene on the board to get somewhere or just to rant and rave? I can understand why your upset, but I think you can go about it in a different way.

On the deck-I have a 2008 and don't have any issues with the cut quality. I am down south so we are cutting different grasses, but I have no issues. I have also had no issues with my stander in 3 years. That to me is well worth it(owning a stander).
What is the scene? Just stating a fact. I'm not looking for anything...I think the mower has 300 hours now. What is the need for pm? They think what happened was ok and reasonable, so what. I'm not lying about anything and neither are they, if that is how their operation works then why would we need to pm. This is a public forum. Just like you and anyone else can shake their pom poms around, I feel I can question things publically also. I wave my pom poms for scag...you want me to pm Dane Scag and tell him?

We still use the mower. Have to double cut when the grass is growing well so you don't have stringers. Operationally we only had one issue with a chaffed wire...dealer took care of it quickly. Not wrights fault though...the wire was routed in a bad way which I believe was a set up issue. No operational problems, very responsive hydros, awesome on hills, cut quality svcks.

If you are happy with the cut quality then fine but apparantly wright wasn't too happy with it or they wouldn't have spent all the money to make a new deck. I spend a lot of money on equipment and try to buy the best...when i get something that is sub par I'm gonna say it just like I'm gonna tell you if it's great. Ask me about the new hurricane blower I just bought? The thing is a beast.

Last edited by nepatsfan; 11-10-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
When I go to scag to order the v-ride's should I have to ask if it comes with the velocity deck like they advertise....or will it come with the advantage?
Actually maybe you should because if you really research what you are buying you would know that a V-ride could have either deck depending on what deck size you buy...

Show me where Wright advertises the Stander coming with an Aero Core deck. http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?f...wright.welcome (Says at the bottom available on Stander X models, nothing about the regular Stander)

At some point Scag switched from the Advantage to the Velocity deck so if you had bought the newest machine with an Advantage right before the Velocity Plus came out you would be unhappy with them....

http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?f...8396DCAD219DC8

Nothing there about Aero Core.

http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?f...F03202A1C5D023

Hmmm, something about Aero Core....

Last edited by pugs; 11-10-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:50 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Actually maybe you should because if you really research what you are buying you would know that a V-ride could have either deck depending on what deck size you buy...

Show me where Wright advertises the Stander coming with an Aero Core deck. http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?f...wright.welcome (Says at the bottom available on Stander X models, nothing about the regular Stander)

At some point Scag switched from the Advantage to the Velocity deck so if you had bought the newest machine with an Advantage right before the Velocity Plus came out you would be unhappy with them....

http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?f...8396DCAD219DC8

Nothing there about Aero Core.

http://www.wrightmfg.com/index.cfm?f...F03202A1C5D023

Hmmm, something about Aero Core....
Hmmm....are you saying that the new stander doesn't come with the aero core deck? Does the new fixed deck stander have 10cc pumps? That's what it says on the website. Maybe they should update that. They were advertising the aerocore deck on lawnsite. It was on the left side of the page I believe.

The problem is not that I bought newest machine with the old deck. The problem I have is a bought the newest machine when the new deck was already out and I asked them if I was getting the newest machine and they said yes. Some people were getting the stander with the new deck when we bought ours.

Just because you only sell 3 a year and have inventory from years ago doesn't mean everyone wants outdated products. Maybe you would sell more if you knew your products better and what the company was offering.

Scag is very clear on their website what deck you will get. I wouldn't have to ask at all. If you get 52 in april or a 52 in may you are gonna get the same deck.

Last edited by nepatsfan; 11-11-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

With Wright you can buy the absolute newest machine they offer and in Massachusetts you may get the aero core deck in june and in chicago you are gonna get the P.O.S. deck. Does that seem right? Again I'm not looking for anything now but the older units should be sold off at a discount and the new ones should be full price like anything else. You shouldn't have to guess if you are getting the newest model if you are buying a new machine. Some people get them and some people don't, you all pay the same. I'm done with this though. As I said live and learn, I know better now. It was an inexpensive learning experience that I will never let happen again with any manufacturer. Although I don't think other manufacturers will operate this way but I know the questions to ask.

Enjoy the kool-aid guys!

Last edited by nepatsfan; 11-11-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
Why do you feel a need to make this public? Couldn't a PM work? Are you trying to make a scene on the board to get somewhere or just to rant and rave? I can understand why your upset, but I think you can go about it in a different way.

On the deck-I have a 2008 and don't have any issues with the cut quality. I am down south so we are cutting different grasses, but I have no issues. I have also had no issues with my stander in 3 years. That to me is well worth it(owning a stander).
Just an F.Y.I on this too because I just thought of it. I sent an email to Wright on mon 6/20/11 at 7:33 p.m. about this and never received a return email. So I did attempt to contact them. It was so long ago I forgot but after I started thinking about it I remembered sending it and I looked it up in my sent email and there it was.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Just an F.Y.I on this too because I just thought of it. I sent an email to Wright on mon 6/20/11 at 7:33 p.m. about this and never received a return email. So I did attempt to contact them. It was so long ago I forgot but after I started thinking about it I remembered sending it and I looked it up in my sent email and there it was.
Nepatsfan,

My apologies then as the email would have come to me. I went back to look for it and I did not see it...doesn't mean you didn't send it but I just wanted you to know for whatever reason, it did not reach me.

Again, my greatest apologies. It's my goal to answer any and all emails we receive so it is unfortunate that I somehow missed yours.

I realize you have no interest in resolving this issue as you have moved on and feel this was a learning experience so I am not attempting to sway you, only an attempt to explain that you were not being ignored. Sometimes in this day and age of technology, there are snags.

Best wishes in your future endeavors.

Kind regards,

Jillian Jensen
Wright Manufacturing, Inc.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It's funny how the subject matter of some threads(like this one) completely change. I am a fan of Wright mowers and its unfortunate that someone bought a mower without realizing what he was buying. Both sides lost out on this one.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
Nepatsfan,

My apologies then as the email would have come to me. I went back to look for it and I did not see it...doesn't mean you didn't send it but I just wanted you to know for whatever reason, it did not reach me.

Again, my greatest apologies. It's my goal to answer any and all emails we receive so it is unfortunate that I somehow missed yours.

I realize you have no interest in resolving this issue as you have moved on and feel this was a learning experience so I am not attempting to sway you, only an attempt to explain that you were not being ignored. Sometimes in this day and age of technology, there are snags.

Best wishes in your future endeavors.

Kind regards,

Jillian Jensen
Wright Manufacturing, Inc.
I appreciate you being attentive and I understand that with technology there are issues. I promise you the email was sent. This wouldn't bother me if I hated the machine. My guys like the wright. I like the wright. I am not a fan of the cut or the way the system works. It works for you because I see your mowers everywhere around here. I really was dissapointed and was venting. Its just one of those things that leaves a bad taste in your mouth because I felt a little slighted and misled on it. I really do thank you for responding though.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightCommercial View Post
jsf343,

Your 36" is a Sentar Sport which we still make in the 36", 42", 48" and the 52" but they will be called Sport RH's now. The Sport X is replacing the full size Sentar which we stopped making earlier this year and will come in the 48", 52" and 61" deck sizes.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.
Is the new SPORT X going to be available this year? Looking on your website im not seeing anything about it. I own 52 and 61 sentars now and was looking at adding another, is the sport x just a new name for the same machine with the addition of the new aero deck?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackz28 View Post
Is the new SPORT X going to be available this year? Looking on your website im not seeing anything about it. I own 52 and 61 sentars now and was looking at adding another, is the sport x just a new name for the same machine with the addition of the new aero deck?
The Sport X is available now, I have a 52/24. Its a pretty awesome mower. I have a 52/19 Sentar Sport which I've been using for about 4yrs and the Sport X is a lot more mower. It has the new deck, bigger pumps and wheel motors, bigger tires all the way around,bigger motor and bigger frame. Its like a Sentar Sport on steroids.
Attached Images

Wright Sentar Sport 52/19
Custom built bagging system
Lesco 36/13 WB
Billygoat 18hp truckloader
Bluebird plugger
Lesco split drive plugger
Lesco stainless steel spreader
Stihl BR600
Echo PB-620
assortment of chainsaws,weedeaters,hedge trimmers,sprayers and such