Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Just wondering how many of you licensed irrigators took your traing class at Sundance from Jerry? I am in my second day now hoping my pea brain does not overheat.
Posted via Mobile Device
I had planned to take the course this winter in Keller but havent found the time. Last year I had lots of time, but couldn't find the money. Cant win.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason View Post
Can someone tell me where to get the drop down gates that go on the back of pickups. You take the tailgate off and put them on there. All kinds of different setups that I have seen on the road but I don't know where to get them.
Jason,

You have to go to a welding shop or trailer shop and have one built.

spray truck for sale http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366891
Old 02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlMechanic View Post
I had planned to take the course this winter in Keller but havent found the time. Last year I had lots of time, but couldn't find the money. Cant win.
Hey Chris,

I feel your pain brother. Last year was the only time I have had in years also, but did not have enough money to pay attention. If I would have not sold that mower Thursday I would not be taking it now. I really could have found better things for the money at this time so I hope this pays off.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-11-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Hey Chris,

I feel your pain brother. Last year was the only time I have had in years also, but did not have enough money to pay attention. If I would have not sold that mower Thursday I would not be taking it now. I really could have found better things for the money at this time so I hope this pays off.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am willing to bet you just made a good investment by taking the course. Last summer I saw more irrigators running around than lawn companies. I wanted a peice of the pie, too. It makes perfect sense to get licensed to survive another drought.

Once you complete the course you have to take the exam, correct? I read the closest place was in Mesquite.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So has anyone put out door hangers yet? I'm trying to put mine out at just the right time, not too early but not too late.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrunjason View Post
Can anyone tell me where to get some tailgate ramps for an F150? I would like to take the tailgate off and just put a drop down on there with some ramps.
Funny, I am building a ramp for my truck this month. I couldnt find anything so I'm building my own.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yes Chris you are correct on the test and Mesquite is the closest place with the most test per year givin. I will warn everyone that might be thinking they can just go squeeze the classes in sometime, that this is not the way you should look at it. You bettter be commited to spending all your time for 4 full days and nights for this. There is 8 hrs during the day you will be learning a lot of information and then homework. This will cost you 500 for the class plus the fuel to get back and fourth to Keller for 4 days then if you succesfully pass the class then you will be sending 100 along with your test application and 111 for the license.

There was a company I think around McKinney that builds landscape beds and ramps. There has been Lawnsite members before that have bought them their for regular pickup trucks as well as LCF trucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2012, 09:41 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
So has anyone put out door hangers yet? I'm trying to put mine out at just the right time, not too early but not too late.
I'll start putting some out next Monday I believe. I at least want to get people thinking about lawn care. The season is right around the corner. Starting with neighborhoods I already have clients in and then expanding outward. Then the 2nd week in March I will go back and hanger the neighborhoods I have clients in again for name recognition and continue from there. I am getting married in July and was told I needed to lose a few pounds so I'll be pounding the pavement next week myself!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I am willing to bet you just made a good investment by taking the course. Last summer I saw more irrigators running around than lawn companies. I wanted a peice of the pie, too. It makes perfect sense to get licensed to survive another drought.

Once you complete the course you have to take the exam, correct? I read the closest place was in Mesquite.
If the drought this year is as bad as last year no one will need irrigation repair work done due to water restrictions.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Yes Chris you are correct on the test and Mesquite is the closest place with the most test per year givin. I will warn everyone that might be thinking they can just go squeeze the classes in sometime, that this is not the way you should look at it. You bettter be commited to spending all your time for 4 full days and nights for this. There is 8 hrs during the day you will be learning a lot of information and then homework. This will cost you 500 for the class plus the fuel to get back and fourth to Keller for 4 days then if you succesfully pass the class then you will be sending 100 along with your test application and 111 for the license.

There was a company I think around McKinney that builds landscape beds and ramps. There has been Lawnsite members before that have bought them their for regular pickup trucks as well as LCF trucks.
Posted via Mobile Device
It's Pero trailers in McKinney. Price was much better at J & I in Madill Ok for a landscape bed. Not sure about just a gate. At the time I was looking at a bed it was $40 per ft at Pero and $28 per ft at J&I with 2 ft fold down sides, spring assist gate, trimmer rack, and tool box underneath on both sides.
Posted via Mobile Device