Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are a few random bark blowing pics from this past season...

Attached Images

Old 02-12-2012, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Member

pro-turf is that colored mulch you are blowing on the hillside? What color do you guys call that ? One of my suppliers he called his blend hardwood cypress, it was really light brown, but he stopped carrying it this year and no one else knows what i'm talking about i have a bunch of jobs that i used that on, just looking to see what you guys may call it.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR0 TURF View Post
Smokey...our snow season has been non-existent this year! Since December we have had 7" of snow...at this time last year we had over 70"...uggghhh! How's Mother Nature treating you up in Ontario??
I hear ya man, we've maybe done a little better than you. Maybe 8 or 9" total. We just got around 3 or 4" yesterday and that was the biggest storm so far this season. At least we got to push a little snow. I hope things chance for you though, and all of us for that matter.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriderLawn09 View Post
pro-turf is that colored mulch you are blowing on the hillside? What color do you guys call that ? One of my suppliers he called his blend hardwood cypress, it was really light brown, but he stopped carrying it this year and no one else knows what i'm talking about i have a bunch of jobs that i used that on, just looking to see what you guys may call it.
That color is called Hemlock...or a Hemlock blend in this area. It is the most popular mulch we use.

Here's another pic of it...
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2012, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Really like the pics, I hope to get a bark blower someday.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Love the mulch blower.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Member

irrigation trailer

Hey man, I really like your irrigation trailer... I am in process of trying to get my box truck loaded out with shelving and products.... can you tell me if you made those bins and shelves yourselft? didnt know if you had the sizes or more info i could get from you.... Also do you have a product list that you have for your workers that includes produts that are on trailer... thanks man
ty
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyjohnso View Post
Hey man, I really like your irrigation trailer... I am in process of trying to get my box truck loaded out with shelving and products.... can you tell me if you made those bins and shelves yourselft? didnt know if you had the sizes or more info i could get from you.... Also do you have a product list that you have for your workers that includes produts that are on trailer... thanks man
ty
We designed them & had a friend build the shelving about 6 years ago. I do not know the exact dimensions. We laid out all of the boxes & product we typically would want to carry with us & designed the shelves around those measurements. We don't have an actual product list printed out that we use on a regular basis...every part in our trailer has it's part # on the bin so we know exactly what to order etc. It was alot of work designing & building it...but well worth the time & effort.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

cool man, thanks for the reply... Any info on a trencher would be good... buy Used or New? V Blade? What are your thoughts... price range too?
Old 02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyjohnso View Post
cool man, thanks for the reply... Any info on a trencher would be good... buy Used or New? V Blade? What are your thoughts... price range too?
Do you have any experience with any pipe pullers? We have always used a Dtich Witch 255...we have considered moving up to a 410, but every time we think about doing so there is always something else that needs to be purchased. We have not run many trenchers in our day...just a handful of times...and we've always rented them, so I do not have much feedback for you on those.

As far as used or new and the price range that all depends on your financial situation. I'd love to run all brand new equipment...but my budget does not allow that to happen.