Register free!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought two sthil br600....LOVE THEM!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive been thinking about getting a handheld just for when we pick up a new small account that is alone from others. Our main blowers are the BR600s and even though we have several small lawns, luckily they are pretty well grouped together that its not overkill at all for the BR600s. We have several where we have 8-10 on a corner and can make the entire street/cul de sac(sp?)
look very nice when we leave.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickleylawncare View Post
Ive been thinking about getting a handheld just for when we pick up a new small account that is alone from others. Our main blowers are the BR600s and even though we have several small lawns, luckily they are pretty well grouped together that its not overkill at all for the BR600s. We have several where we have 8-10 on a corner and can make the entire street/cul de sac(sp?)
look very nice when we leave.
That is how most of my route is too these day and I have a br600 that has made life nice on these group of homes.

I do totally understand the OP's question though because when I first started out down here and the route was not as dense...the little handheld do make a lot more sense. Especially if they are a secondary blower.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
That is how most of my route is too these day and I have a br600 that has made life nice on these group of homes.

I do totally understand the OP's question though because when I first started out down here and the route was not as dense...the little handheld do make a lot more sense. Especially if they are a secondary blower.
I'm not debating a hand held vs back pack. I'm just curious on the size of back packs? br420 vs br600 for just small lawns etc. I was also asking about using both at the same time like having the back pack on and using a hand held on windy days or to get over those really bad resod jobs that have roots showing now. I just recently bought a small 3 gallon hand held sprayer instead of putting on the big shindaiwa to hit three weeds I can grab the hand held and whack out faster than I can put the back pack on.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

shindaiwa eb802 & stihl br350 for the light work