Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=ReddensLawnCare;4258749]Hey man, I have a few questions for you. I am not trying to be a critical jerk, just looking for some insight.
1. What did you do to that tree. I know you topped it, but it looks pretty rough. Maybe thats how your supposed to trim those, but I guess it is what it is.
2. Is everything paid for, or do you have a lot of debt? I maintain 30 monthly accounts, and do A LOT of landscaping jobs (trees, installs, irrigation repair, ect.) I charge accordingly for my area, but I dont see how you can only do thirty or so properties and have all of that equipment unless they are all very large, and from the looks of it, they are not.
3. How did your 150 do with the plow, I didnt even know you could put a plow on a half ton, but im just a southern boy and we dont get much snow down here

well first off yes every things pais for exept the new truck i just got this year witch i post some pics up soon, second im now up to 52 accounts and 4 of the are big apparntment buildings.The ford was great plowing suprisenly. i wish i never sold it but just keept having to many problemes with it. And for the tree every one keeps asking about, that wasint my idea i know the thing looks sick now but thats what the customer wanted she said it was geting to tall and want to top it if it was me i would have just took it down.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere615 View Post
be careful on turns with that toolbox
yea i found that out the hard way i put a dent in my old trucks bumper now i have a longer hitch!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Member

hey every sorry i haven't been on lately iv been doing some side work just to get through the winter also thanks for all the input every one. Iv finally got some more pics to up load ill have more to come within the next week and the lattest up dates i have is i traded the chevy in on a 2012 dodge ram 2500 with a boss v plow i endedup with 52 customers this year not bad for only my second full time year. im also in the proses of getting a skid steer and a equipment trailer. Heres some from fall clean up time and making room at our dump sight..

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ Boss V-plow
2012 Dodge Ram 2500 w/ Boss V-plow
Polaris Ranger 6x6 w/6 foot plow
6x12 dump trailer
5x8 dump trailer
6x12 landscape trailer
2) 52'' toro z-turn
32'' toro walk behind
42'' john deere rider
Stihl/ kawasaki/ Echo power equipment
3 push mowers
pressure washer
tiller
lots of hand tools
polaris ranger 6x6 w/ 6 foot plow
Attached Images

Last edited by shawn1565; 02-17-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Member

so i for got to update every one how the season ended up i ended up with 52 customer thats not including all the brush work or storm clean ups either. i traded the chevy in an go a 2012 dodge ram 2500w/ boss v plow. Im looking to get a skid steer this year an a chipper due to we seem to do alot More brush an tree work lately.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=shawn1565;4315079][QUOTE=ReddensLawnCare;4258749]Hey man, I have a few questions for you. I am not trying to be a critical jerk, just looking for some insight.
1. What did you do to that tree. I know you topped it, but it looks pretty rough. Maybe thats how your supposed to trim those, but I guess it is what it is.
2. Is everything paid for, or do you have a lot of debt? I maintain 30 monthly accounts, and do A LOT of landscaping jobs (trees, installs, irrigation repair, ect.) I charge accordingly for my area, but I dont see how you can only do thirty or so properties and have all of that equipment unless they are all very large, and from the looks of it, they are not.
3. How did your 150 do with the plow, I didnt even know you could put a plow on a half ton, but im just a southern boy and we dont get much snow down here

well first off yes every things paid for exept the new truck witch i just got this year witch ill post some pics up soon, second I'm now up to 52 accounts and 4 of the are big apartment buildings.The ford was great plowing surprising. i wish i never sold it but just keept having to many problemes with it. And for the tree every one keeps asking about, that wasint my idea i know the thing looks sick now but thats what the customer wanted she said it was getting to tall and want to top it if it was me i would have just took it down.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Looking good, why did you trade the Chevy in ?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

heres another tree clean up we did from the hurricane..
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Looking good, why did you trade the Chevy in ?
i traded the chevy in for two reasons, dodge was runing a good seal at the time i got $6000 off an the chevy had issues with the trany when towing. i took it to the dealer and they said it was normal shifting but when towing at 50 mph it shouldint down shift outta no wears an red line!!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1565 View Post
i traded the chevy in for two reasons, dodge was runing a good seal at the time i got $6000 off an the chevy had issues with the trany when towing. i took it to the dealer and they said it was normal shifting but when towing at 50 mph it shouldint down shift outta no wears an red line!!
That makes sense and I think you're right about it down shifting outta no wear.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How did you like the Wrangler AT/S's on the ford you sold?