Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Feedback on updated website

Hello everyone, I recently had my website updated, and I was just wondering if anyone could provide some feedback on it, likes, dislikes...my site is Hansen's Lawn Care

Another LCO built this site for me, Bryan Ring it's worth checking him out if you need some help on your website.

Thanks for any feedback.

Richard
Old 02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the text reads funny, like the commas are misplaced or something. I'm not sure how to describe it but it had me starting and stopping while I was reading in the wrong places. You may want to have someone that is better an punctuation look at it. The white text washes out on one or two images.

There is also a problem with the text on one of your images.
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2012, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't allude to the fact you've only been in business 2 years. It makes you sound inexperienced.

Last edited by Patriot Services; 02-17-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What is with the weird code after your name?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

First off, thank you for serving our country! The website looks good overall, but there are things I would add or change. Standing next to your truck/equipt opposed to sitting on a vehicle would look more professional, also some sort of uniform look for you & employees would look more professional and get you reconized in the field. Also the best business comes from referrals, so having a referral discount and page for your existing customers to send you potential customers. Customer testimonials are great, so leave the customer a comment card on "how were doing for you" / "what could we do better. Don't take anything personal and use info to grow your business and you'll do great!! until now my own website was just a portfolio for my business, but I know i'll need to change it if I want to gain leads from my website. Hope this helped.
Dave
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I browse at full screen with only 1 extra tool bar on my browser, and all the content is "below the fold" (you have to scroll down to see it). The page just IMO is too stretched out vertically, with a lot of space taken up in the header/slideshow. When I use the navigation, on the page the only thing I see changing is the breadtrail. Makes users have to do a double take of did they actually click somewhere.

I recommend you make it clear to the visitor where you are located. nothing on the page tells me where you are (other than figuring do I recognize your area code) until I scroll down. Yes it is in the title for the page, but browsers are starting to (sadly) switch to putting the title only in the current Tab, so you really don't see much. Mine, I see "Lawn Mowing Woo" (Ok, Granted I run a plung in so my tabs are down the left side of the screen so I can nest tabs, but the less "searching" the user does, the better).

There is a major problem with the code behind the site, after the closing body tag (end of what you "see") there is complete code to start a web page all over again. It is really bad, all mixed up.

After seeing how bad that is, I'll hold off evaluating the site any further, as things may change then. so would rather wait till the code is more reasonable.

-Greg
Old 02-18-2012, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Member

I would move the navigation bar below the scrolling pictures. When you click on one of the options nothing happens to me (I know it takes you to the new page) but on my screen after I click on a certain link (like snow plow) I still see the same scrolling picture and nothing below. I have to scroll down to see that I have moved to a new page. Also you have the navigation button at the top and then the weird home button all by itself below the scrolling pictures. Just my 2 cents. Otherwise nice job.