Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-18-2012, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copacabana View Post
That's right! Better be safe than sorry!
That is exactly how I go about it !
Old 02-18-2012, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
do you do snow removal?? i noticed your from Virginia and I know some parts are getting 6-12in with snow over the weekend. but i didnt see any plow mounts on your trucks.
I do some snow removal, not a whole lot, all residential driveways and sidewalks. We used to do it with my toro dingo and my guys on snow shovels. Thiis year will be all shovels, I sold the dingo last November.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ok...well start your blowers up n blow the storm to me please!!! lol.. its missing us completly. haha
Old 02-18-2012, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
ok...well start your blowers up n blow the storm to me please!!! lol.. its missing us completly. haha
Lol. I would if I could! Like I said before in this thread, I will take a dry warm day over any kind of weather. Lol.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Mixed fuel tank, i have seen them before and was thinking of getting one for the enclosed trailer but never got around to doing it. After seeing yours installed i think i will get one now.
2-TORO Z MASTER'S 25/62 JOHN DEERE 757 -25/60
LESCO Z2 25/60 TORO Z MASTER 19/52 SCAG WB/48
82 CHEVY 4X4 - MEYER'S PLOW- BILLYGOAT LOADER
83 F600- 9INCH DIESEL BRUSH BANDIT CHIPPER
8X24 SHADO MASTER V NOSE ENCLOSED
trailers -6.5X14 - 6.5X16 - 18 FT EQUIPEMET
Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you ever have any problems with your Echo blowers? I have had the 751T for a few years, and it has always ran flawlessly, until the coil burnt out this past fall. Not having time to repair it in the middle of fall cleanups, I replaced it with the newer red one, I think its the 770T, It ran pretty good for the few times I used it last fall, I have started it up maybe 2 or 3 times over the winter, and each time it has ran a little worse, it idles great but bogs when I try to rev it. What should I do, i have always ran stihl 2cycle oil, until last fall I picked up a couple of bottles of the cheap stuff not having time to get to the dealer to get what I usually run. Snow blower ran ok with it, but I have had a bad time with all my Echo equipment, Coil went on my srm230, the 751T, and now the 770 T isn't running right. In the future I think any trimmers, edgers, or blowers I purchase will be Stihl. So what should I do, I am gonna get some fresh gas, stihl 2 cycle mix, and should I add some sea foam or something?

PEOPLE LOOK FOR ANSWERS FROM A MAN THAT CAN ONLY BE GIVEN FROM GOD.

KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH (JESUS) WILL SET YOU FREE!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybow View Post
you ever have any problems with your Echo blowers? I have had the 751T for a few years, and it has always ran flawlessly, until the coil burnt out this past fall. Not having time to repair it in the middle of fall cleanups, I replaced it with the newer red one, I think its the 770T, It ran pretty good for the few times I used it last fall, I have started it up maybe 2 or 3 times over the winter, and each time it has ran a little worse, it idles great but bogs when I try to rev it. What should I do, i have always ran stihl 2cycle oil, until last fall I picked up a couple of bottles of the cheap stuff not having time to get to the dealer to get what I usually run. Snow blower ran ok with it, but I have had a bad time with all my Echo equipment, Coil went on my srm230, the 751T, and now the 770 T isn't running right. In the future I think any trimmers, edgers, or blowers I purchase will be Stihl. So what should I do, I am gonna get some fresh gas, stihl 2 cycle mix, and should I add some sea foam or something?
I bought 2 of the blowers in November and the other one in December of 2011. I haven't had any problems yet. I have 3 older (2009) PB-620 that I had to clean the carbs a few times. First, start using Mid grade fuel, that's what I did. I would use some sea foam, but most importantly use a synthetic 2 stroke mix after you clean the carb out.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old oak lawn View Post
I like the Mixed fuel tank, i have seen them before and was thinking of getting one for the enclosed trailer but never got around to doing it. After seeing yours installed i think i will get one now.
The people at Northern Tool told me to mount it really high (4-6ft), I only mounted it 22" high and I'm very pleased with the fuel flow. The fuel tanks on trimmers, blowers and other handhelds are so small that you don't really want that 13-16 gallons per minute that electric pumps offer.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Thumbs up

Hey Copa, just found your thread and read the whole thing. Everything looks nice. Keep it up.
I would offer some advice on your building, BUILD BIG. Build for overkill just in case you need the space later on. When I first started, I built a 30x40 shop with doors that were 12'X10'. At the time I was pulling a small trailer with a GMC 1500. I ended up getting an 18' foot trailer and later on a crew cab truck and the shop was 1.5' too short to fit it in. Consequently, We had to disconnect trailer everyday. My dad did tell me in the planning phase to do 30'x45', but what did he know, right? I saved some money and now wish I had spent it. Also, I just ordered a super lawn truck that is 10'6" high and my shop doors are only 10'. No big deal, we will just back truck up to the doors at night for security. But I'm sure you've already thought of door height since you have those trucks.
The last thing I would tell you is your bush trimmers on the weed-eater racks may need some attention. The trimmer end is heavy and you may want to wrap the shaft with something to keep the racks from eating into your shaft. I found this out the hard way over time. Maybe use something like pipe insulation and electrical tape.
That's all I have for you----keep it up !
Old 02-20-2012, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Reedy View Post
Hey Copa, just found your thread and read the whole thing. Everything looks nice. Keep it up.
I would offer some advice on your building, BUILD BIG. Build for overkill just in case you need the space later on. When I first started, I built a 30x40 shop with doors that were 12'X10'. At the time I was pulling a small trailer with a GMC 1500. I ended up getting an 18' foot trailer and later on a crew cab truck and the shop was 1.5' too short to fit it in. Consequently, We had to disconnect trailer everyday. My dad did tell me in the planning phase to do 30'x45', but what did he know, right? I saved some money and now wish I had spent it. Also, I just ordered a super lawn truck that is 10'6" high and my shop doors are only 10'. No big deal, we will just back truck up to the doors at night for security. But I'm sure you've already thought of door height since you have those trucks.
The last thing I would tell you is your bush trimmers on the weed-eater racks may need some attention. The trimmer end is heavy and you may want to wrap the shaft with something to keep the racks from eating into your shaft. I found this out the hard way over time. Maybe use something like pipe insulation and electrical tape.
That's all I have for you----keep it up !

Thank you for the complement and advices!

The trimmer rack is rubberized, so I think I'm good on that.
The shop is going to be bigger than what I need now, but not extremely big because I'm in a residential area.

Good luck with your new SLT! Feel free to post a picture in here when you get it.

Thanks for looking!