Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Havent really made any updates in a while. I don't have any plowing pictures, because we haven't plowed! Total this year we have been out plowing only 4 times, last year we plowed a total of 34 times! With all this spare time, I have been gearing up for summer. My '99 Chevy is going to be getting a new paint job and it will be painted dark blue to match my '06. I'll be lettering the '99 up when its painted as well. To go in that truck, I bought a dump insert. Its old, but it works and the price was VERY right.

When I picked up the insert:

After some sanding and grinding

Some primer

Started Painting it

It needs a cab guard, which I'll either make or buy, and it needs a new floor welded in but thats not a big deal either.
I also want to paint my trailer before spring as well. It's not rusting really, just fading and I plan on hanging onto it for a while so I'll put a fresh coat on it.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That dump insert is looking good, I can't wait to see the '99 all painted and lettered up. I really like the dark blue on your '06 so you will have a real nice looking pair of Chevy's.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
That dump insert is looking good, I can't wait to see the '99 all painted and lettered up. I really like the dark blue on your '06 so you will have a real nice looking pair of Chevy's.
Thanks! Theres a running joke between my buddy and I cuz he gives me a hard time about painting everything and having all my stuff look nice and he always says "it doesnt have to be pretty to make you money" which is true, but I like when you pull up to a job and the trucks are the same color and the guys are all wearing the same shirt (or just wearing a shirt PERIOD!), everything is clean and all the equipment works and there isnt a puddle of oil or whatever when you pull away. I think all that looks professional and thats important to me! So yes that truck not being blue has been driving me nuts all winter!

My Pictures:
Old 02-18-2012, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I feel the same because I think that appearance is important, so I like to make sure I keep my equipment all cleaned up, and I feel that you don't need the newest mower and equipment out there but if you keep it up and clean it makes a deference. Because I think if someone sees your truck and equipment and it looks good and clean they will notice and notice how it looks professional and not like you are some scrub and that you are professional and know what you are doing.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

very nice. this winter (or lack thereof) has been crazy!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
Yeah, I feel the same because I think that appearance is important, so I like to make sure I keep my equipment all cleaned up, and I feel that you don't need the newest mower and equipment out there but if you keep it up and clean it makes a deference. Because I think if someone sees your truck and equipment and it looks good and clean they will notice and notice how it looks professional and not like you are some scrub and that you are professional and know what you are doing.
I agree with this but will put a little different take on it. I do think people notice clean stuff but they notice and remember it more if you have really messy beat up stuff. Just like when someone does bad work. People talk about the bad 10x more than the good.

Good finds Mike!! You've really found some good cheaper stuff. Can't beat it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
I agree with this but will put a little different take on it. I do think people notice clean stuff but they notice and remember it more if you have really messy beat up stuff. Just like when someone does bad work. People talk about the bad 10x more than the good.

Good finds Mike!! You've really found some good cheaper stuff. Can't beat it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe its just me, but I would rather hire the guy with the 15 year old truck thats clean, in good shape and you can tell he does extra to really take care of it, than the guy with the 2 year old truck thats filthy dirty inside and out and smashed up and looks like a hooptie in the making haha. People definitively notice the "symmetry" part though, like when theres 2 or 3 BLUE trucks lettered all the same parked out front of a house a swarm of guys all wearing the same BLUE shirt with the same logo on them. I think that kinda stuff gets noticed more (in a good way) than seeing 3 or 4 trucks all different brands and colors and guys wearing different shirts if any at all (thats one of my pet peeves, guys that work in the summer with no shirt on thats SOOOOO un-professional!), people are used to seeing different clothing and different color cars everywhere so it kinda blends in, whereas when you see a big blob of a certain color and logos together it really stands out. Ok I'm off my soapbox now!

My Pictures:
Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guy in the first pic looks like the owner of a company I have seen in the area.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
Maybe its just me, but I would rather hire the guy with the 15 year old truck thats clean, in good shape and you can tell he does extra to really take care of it, than the guy with the 2 year old truck thats filthy dirty inside and out and smashed up and looks like a hooptie in the making haha. People definitively notice the "symmetry" part though, like when theres 2 or 3 BLUE trucks lettered all the same parked out front of a house a swarm of guys all wearing the same BLUE shirt with the same logo on them. I think that kinda stuff gets noticed more (in a good way) than seeing 3 or 4 trucks all different brands and colors and guys wearing different shirts if any at all (thats one of my pet peeves, guys that work in the summer with no shirt on thats SOOOOO un-professional!), people are used to seeing different clothing and different color cars everywhere so it kinda blends in, whereas when you see a big blob of a certain color and logos together it really stands out. Ok I'm off my soapbox now!
I agree with everything you said, and the whole no shirt thing kills me anytime I see it, but I know that my ''crew'' looks good at least.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Love the off the rim flat tire in the first picture.