Register free!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Meeting with builder didn't go as good as I wanted. he let me know that landscaping was not under warranty and sold as is. So not looking at the lawn like I looked at the house has kinda bit me in the Ass. He has agreed to send the landscaper back out and roll the yard again. I also had issues with water sitting in the yard after big storms, and he showed thats how they graded my lawn and the other lawns and it was city ordinance that the water had to go somewhere, unfortunately its a huge river right through my lawn. He also told me that areas where the sod doesn't butt up against each other he said not to worry it will grow in. I am afraid of weeds coming in there. So it looks like I am going to be combating this problem myself over the summer and coming years. Thank you all for all your past help and future help.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What a bunch of b.s. excuses. Rolling won't fix jack. Yes weeds will be more than happy to fill in those gaps. He has no clue how to address drainage issues. I wonder how they got an inspector to sign off on that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
What a bunch of b.s. excuses. Rolling won't fix jack. Yes weeds will be more than happy to fill in those gaps. He has no clue how to address drainage issues. I wonder how they got an inspector to sign off on that?
Posted via Mobile Device
He sai since there is no standing water there isn't an issue. He was saying the water table was high or something like that saying February is the wettest part of the year here and in april I won't be able to keep it wet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
He sai since there is no standing water there isn't an issue. He was saying the water table was high or something like that saying February is the wettest part of the year here and in april I won't be able to keep it wet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Talk about discussing anything except, the problem at hand...

What was the cause of the crappy job he did, and is he going to fix it for you?
Isn't that what we want to know?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

He isn't fix jack$h!t he is only going to try and appease me by rolling the yard. They kinda got me because it's written in the contract that landscape is sold as is and since I didn't complain before closing on the house they won't/don't have to do anything. So it's going to be my problem to fix. Of well it gives me a good spring/summer project.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I also had issues with water sitting in the yard after big storms, and he showed thats how they graded my lawn and the other lawns and it was city ordinance that the water had to go somewhere, unfortunately its a huge river right through my lawn.
He is right here. If you don't like it, then you are either faced with modifying the soil to improve infiltration, drainage lines, or building a non-lawn swale. Personally I would go with the non-lawn swale.

Quote:
He also told me that areas where the sod doesn't butt up against each other he said not to worry it will grow in. I am afraid of weeds coming in there. So it looks like I am going to be combating this problem myself over the summer and coming years. Thank you all for all your past help and future help.
Again he is right, that however doesn't excuse the horrific hack job that was done.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I could see it in the builders face that he was not happy with the install either, but he had to back up his company policy. He was on the phone with the landscaper as soon as we were done talking, but all i got out of the deal was a yard rolling.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you got clay, and the watertable is supposedly high, don't even have it rolled... find out first if any of the sod survives...
Old 02-24-2012, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So I downloaded the Scotts iPhone app and was messing with it today. They have a weed ID function that sends an email to Scotts and the ID it. they called this lemongrass. Do any of you agree with this being lemon grass.
Attached Images