Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Bidding on new commercial accounts

Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas how to get more commercial account for lawn maintenance I think i may not be bidding correctly and not including enough, not sure but i have bad luck closing commecial accounts.

How many service do you include in your weekly service

Who do you figure out who to contact for bidding purposes

Whats better a price for the season with x amount of cuts included or base it on a per cut price like residential? and is pruning included or a seprate line item?

Any help will be great

Thanks
ROb
Old 02-14-2012, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Commercial Accounts

We are also trying to add commercial accounts this season and are looking for suggestions on how to get the opportunity to submit bids. I have been calling different businesses to find out when their contracts come up for bid. Does anyone else have any ideas?
2010 Walker MT26
Kawasaki Backpack Blower
Echo Backpack Blower
Echo PAS
Echo Stick Edger
Redmax String Trimmer
Maruyama Hedge Trimmer

www.acyardservices.com
Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Cold calling or going in to the business and asking is about the fastest way to find them.
As far as what's included, they are all going to be different. You have to discuss that with the potential client as to what they would need serviced.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-15-2012, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The best advice I can give about commercial accounts, wait for the commercials to come to you.
Over the past few years I have spent countless hours cold calling and stopping by commercial businesses. None of them EVER showed an interest. Even the ones that show an interest never pursue contacting you after a bid is submitted. Once they find someone who isn't worthless, they will stay with them for a very long time. Last year I gave up on cold calling and so far I have received 3 commercial bid request and 2 commercial customers in the last 3 months. All have come from residential referrals or current residential customers.One of which was a residential customer who purchased a fast food franchise. This increased my monthly sales by at least 25% and it originated from a door hanger. If I could go back, I would spend that wasted time and money advertising to residential clients. All of the good commercials will come from "who you know" so build networking relationships and never burn bridges.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Jump in head first and just give it all you have and learn from your mistakes, and find a mentor! Maybe a local LCO you can talk to and share some of the local business secrets. It's very different to land a commercial account in florida than it is in Maine so there will be many variations. Talk to people who work in your local economy and just try try try again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Im also interested in picking up a few commercial properties to my route, hopefully we can come up with some more great ideas! Best of luck to everyone!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Send promo to the "Director of Operations"