Old 06-13-2003, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I still have a large drum of round-up.

Look at this thread.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...hlight=roundup
Old 06-13-2003, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks all for the responses

Williams & LGF thats what I was looking for I guess.....a per gallon price to spray "Round-Up"

As for posting property most is fenced in.......and in SD there pretty lacks about that sort of thing.....but never hurts to CYA!

I do Know about paying for the "Round-UP" name Glyphosate comes in many brands, but a national bank owns the prop. and asked for it, so if I can get a little Round-Up out of the deal that will help to.

The biggest problem I see is the whole area is gravel.....and it may not have weeds now, but it will by the end of the season!! Thats why a per gallon price....or a sq. ft. price helps. Thats what I was looking for I guess, then factor in est. time.

thanks again!!

Experience and Treachery will always beat Youth and Enthusiasm.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

brian mon, We do a lot of work for BC Hydro, a public utility here in BC. We post every job because of union factors and the rights of people entering the property to know what was done and when. If there is no chance of public access I probably wouldn't bother. It's when its not posted and people find out that you have treated it that they ask themselves why it wasn't posted. "Did they not post it because they were trying to hide something?"
We also use dye (Bullseye) to identify the treated areas. On the one hand the dye saves money because nothing is treated twice. It also allows you to know where to start after you refill your tan. I have a gray hair factor and I often think, "Where did I leave off when I went to refill my tank?."
Anyone accessing the property can avoid the blue areas if they are concerned. Owners can see that the work was done.
You can tell the concerned environmentalist that you are hydro seeding (just kidding).
You will probably not find a cost saving on such a small area because the saved chemical (no overlap) will be taken up by the dye cost.