Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Pro cut I am also in the door to door and flyer stage Could I trouble you for a copy of your flyer? Thank you
Old 02-27-2012, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quick question, how do you go about introducing yourself and what do you say usually? Just trying to get some advice here on how to approach the door to door marketing
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Member

I usual start with a good afternoon my name is ------ and I am the owner of ----------- and I am in the neighborhood looking to expand our services into your neighborhood if I can trouble you for a few minutes of your time I would be very happy to go over our services and give you the best price possible on quality work. Something along those lines. But you need to know all your costs off the top of your head on the spot. What you need to make an hour and your cost of materials if your quoting mulch, plantings, fert and so fourth
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agawam Evergreen View Post
I usual start with a good afternoon my name is ------ and I am the owner of ----------- and I am in the neighborhood looking to expand our services into your neighborhood if I can trouble you for a few minutes of your time I would be very happy to go over our services and give you the best price possible on quality work. Something along those lines. But you need to know all your costs off the top of your head on the spot. What you need to make an hour and your cost of materials if your quoting mulch, plantings, fert and so fourth
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you so much for that guide line, that was just what i was looking for! Gonna memorize that and go out this week to try and pick up some customers!
Bad Boy ZT 50inch deck.
Stihl FS 90R
Stihl BR550 back pack blower.
Craftsman 208cc Snowblower 26''
Plus miscellaneous equipment

Solo Operation
www.baslawnservice.com
Picture Thread

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=347985
Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutch16 View Post
Thank you so much for that guide line, that was just what i was looking for! Gonna memorize that and go out this week to try and pick up some customers!
The best salesmen dont seem like they are selling anything. Try and switch it up a little bit. The line he gave you is a good one and I have used it many times, but people are different and respond to different things. Just keep that in mind.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillie View Post
The best salesmen dont seem like they are selling anything. Try and switch it up a little bit. The line he gave you is a good one and I have used it many times, but people are different and respond to different things. Just keep that in mind.
Will do ive got a few of my own to
Bad Boy ZT 50inch deck.
Stihl FS 90R
Stihl BR550 back pack blower.
Craftsman 208cc Snowblower 26''
Plus miscellaneous equipment

Solo Operation
www.baslawnservice.com
Picture Thread

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=347985
Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Oh yes for sure mix it up play with different things see what works best for you. You may find in different neighborhoods different things work better than others. There are ALOT of good tips all over these forums dont be affraid to try anyones thoughts and ideas. Your gonna hear way more no's than yes anyway but keep plugging and get it done. Good luck to all...
Old 02-27-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agawam Evergreen View Post
Oh yes for sure mix it up play with different things see what works best for you. You may find in different neighborhoods different things work better than others. There are ALOT of good tips all over these forums dont be affraid to try anyones thoughts and ideas. Your gonna hear way more no's than yes anyway but keep plugging and get it done. Good luck to all...
I agree with the more no than yes but if you hit enough doors you should be able to get 1 a day as a goal. If you do that is it not worth it?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

If you get 1 a day it was a good day. Obviously the more the better but if you can score one a day your on your way. One yes is worth 50 no's in my opinion
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2012, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I will only do this if I can hire fairly attractive 20's to maybe early 40's females to this dirty work for me. People won't open their doors for males these days no matter how dashing they may look. There was a recent crime spree based on this tactic.
Posted via Mobile Device