Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2012, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkman11 View Post
The only point I was really trying to make is my lazer z will handle a hill better than my vantage. That is a fact. I posted what I liked about the vantage too, maybe you didn't read it. There are positives to standons too. I posted a picture in the picture thread. I really don't want to have a pissing match with anyone. Lots of people say standons can handle steep hills and lots of people say they can't. Most of the people who claim standons are better, don't own both. Demoing a ztr is not the same as using one everyday like I do
Posted via Mobile Device
thats not really the attitude i was getting from your posts at all.

more like sit downs are better across the board than stand ons attitude.

i'll agree demoing one is not the same as owning one but i've had sit down mowers as loaners for a week at a time and in my experiece the lazer z i've had as a loaner does not handle hills nearly as well and will not go or get nearly as close to objects as my grandstand.

i trim first then mow each property. on those weeks i had those loaners i still trimmed first then mowed but i had to go back with the trimmer after mowing some of the properties to trim spots my grandstand would have reached but the lazer z did not.

so thats my experience and i personally don't find many people who actual say a sit down is better than a stander. seems like more and more people are switching to standers.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Member

I respect yalls opinions, I just gave my opinion to the original poster. I didn't know everyone would attack me for what I thought. Let's just agree to disagree. Chevy vs ford. Scag vs exmark, stander vs ztrs, stihl vs redmax. We could all argue forever on all this stuff. At the end of the day, all that matters is that we are blessed enough to have the health and equipment, to go out work hard and provide for our families
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2012, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
I respect yalls opinions, I just gave my opinion to the original poster. I didn't know everyone would attack me for what I thought. Let's just agree to disagree. Chevy vs ford. Scag vs exmark, stander vs ztrs, stihl vs redmax. We could all argue forever on all this stuff. At the end of the day, all that matters is that we are blessed enough to have the health and equipment, to go out work hard and provide for our families
Posted via Mobile Device
sounds like a great post, well said and agreeable.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any machine in the proper (or improper) hands will do great (or incredibly stupid) things. For instance. I LOVE our stander (and yes Exmark I have owned and still own riders). But if you go straight up a hill and have ANY leaning away from the front of the mower you are going to do wheelies. Plain and simple. You HAVE TO think a bit forth dimensionally when mowing hills, rider or stander.
48" TTHP
2 44" Toro WB's
Shindaiwa weed eaters
Stihl Backpack Blowers
Stihl and Husqvarna Chainsaws
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
good enough for me have a good season!
Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
didn't mean to attack your opinions. thats the last thing i wanna do.

i just caught the wrong attitude of your posts thats all. sorry man
Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

now i own a 52 toro grandstand and a 60'' dixie chopper. and i can trim closer and get in tighter spots and turn with the toro with less lawn tearing in the spring, cutting grass at 12mph dosen't look as good as cutting at 8mph. i use my toro on all my yards that under a acre and the 60'' dixie on the bigger stuff. 60 dixie is great to have but give me a yard with a bunch of trees or obstacles i will jump on the toro in a heart beat, and thats coming from someone that loves his dixie more. also it is much easier to maneuver a 54'' long stander compared to a 68-74'' zero turn. and for some reason you do feel better standing all day than sitting on your but all day. all depends on what your cutting in life.
6' 1/2 x 14' open trailer
60''/28hp John Deere 757 zero turn
54"/25hp John Deere 657 stander
48''/17hp John Deere 7H17 walk behind
22"/6.5hp Honda HRT216 push
22''/6.5hp Toro Personnal Pace push
19"/4hp Bluebird aerator
2 Echo trimmers, 3 blowers, 1 hedge trimmer
1 Husqvarna trimmer/edger/hedger/pole saw
14'' Stihl TS400 concrete saw
and a bunch of other crap a solo operator needs
Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark would not even be around if not for Toro Inc....thats my $.02.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Exmark would not even be around if not for Toro Inc....thats my $.02.
Posted via Mobile Device
yeah i mentioned that as well but it seemed to go un noticed......
Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Believe me I don't think exmark is the best anymore. Scag, grasshopper, and the new ferris with suspension and icd deck are all better
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
exmark , scag , stander , zero turn