Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Shop Pics

I've finally had a chance to snap some pics of our new shop. Its still work in progress for the most part, but you have to start somewhere. We started out with a totally empty steel shell 50ft x 100ft in September 2010.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got any interior pics?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Inside Shop

Here are a couple shots of the inside shop area. Two 14ft OH doors and 2 smaller 7x9. We installed a hoist system this winter for making the repairs we do in-house go a little smoother. Its amazing how many friends you get once you have a hoist!!

The large shelf with railings houses some of our off-season items. Notice the grey steel boxes. We have 6 of those for projects that require special tools or supplies that we don't keep in our job trailers. They are set up for things like wood working, chain link fence installs, tile work, etc. Its really helpful to have all related items in one storage spot.

The area below the overhead shelf on the far right contains seasonal items like snow blowers/throwers and has hooks on rails for backpack blowers. The backpacks were constantly getting in the way before this brainy idea. Now you can slide them to the back of the space to get at the snow blowers or mowers (depending on the season).

The middle section is for shovels and the left section is for oil/lube/filters. We have pneumatic dispensers on the barrels to speed up the process of oil changes as well.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cheap square footage

This pic is the tractor trailer we have added in the loading dock for winter storage of 4 skid steers, mini track loader, and parking lot sweeper.

We added electrical plug ins and lights for cheap. I paid $2,500 for the thing shipped into place in our loading dock. Cheapest dollars per square foot possible. Its amazing we have run out of space in two years already.

We started out in my 1680 sq.ft. garage at home and this new 5000sqft shop seemed huge until we brought all of our equipment back from job sites, etc.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Office Portion

The reception includes a small amount of displays and we have a larger display room which I don't have pics of yet. The whole office part has 9 computer terminals and 8 offices. Yes, the shop guys get there own computer.

The desk and railing are solid oak, floor is just original cement on the main level and laminate with a french bleed on the second floor. The logo signage is stainless steel.

You know you became a real company when you have an automated paper towel dispenser in the bathroom!
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lunch Room

This is some shots of the lunch room and the spot we have our weekly meetings. Its added a great sense of community among everyone when we get to kick back with fresh coffee and make decisions together.

The lunchroom has commercial coffee machine, kitchen with microwave, sink, toaster, fridge, cupboards, etc.

Pic of the hallway in the previous post shows a door that leads to shower. How many times have you had to go out after work on estimates or for supper totally filthy? not anymore
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Offices

Here is my office and my bro's.
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a very nice office area!! why did you go with a floor hoist vs. a vertical post hoist? I have a vertical in my shop and works great, just wondering why you decided to go with that version
Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I love the office and lunchroom areas, real nice shop all around.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Awesome shop. Got a good thing going. How do you like those little trucks. A dealership around here was selling them. Not very heavy but ideal for maintenance I would think. Kind of a eye catcher.