Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Great looking shop pictures! I really like the rack you have for your blowers. Great idea!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice setup!!
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mowingkid, I traded service for the hoist. It was used. It's too log for our 1 ton and 3/4 ton trucks as they all have plow mounts, beefed up suspension, and slip tanks. It's not an "in-ground" if thats what you mean. I've been looking at larger capacity ones, but want a 4 post again. They are just safer. More idiot proof compared to 2 post.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry about the auto correct. It's to light for the bigger trucks is what it should say
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Five points. The mini trucks are a great investment. They were around $6-7k each when I bought them. I got them under coated and spray in box liners because the paint is cheap. I honestly thought id be happy if they lasted a couple years and we are one the 3rd and they are still going strong. we put more km on them than any other trucks in the fleet. they are incredibly practical. eveything about them was perfectly planned. the fold down box sides, built in tie downs, etc. 24 mpgs in the city.

the kia towner is left hand drive, propane, 2wd and the diahatsiu is RHD 4x4 gas. With winter tires and salt boxes with 3-500 lbs of salt in the back, these things are unstoppable in the winter.

Its a real shame the big manufacturers haven't started building them or selling them here. Maybe Kia, Hyundia, or toyota will fill the market gap eventually. Having local parts and service would be desireable. Shipping parts from Korea sucks.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8WhiteNorth View Post
Five points. The mini trucks are a great investment. They were around $6-7k each when I bought them. I got them under coated and spray in box liners because the paint is cheap. I honestly thought id be happy if they lasted a couple years and we are one the 3rd and they are still going strong. we put more km on them than any other trucks in the fleet. they are incredibly practical. eveything about them was perfectly planned. the fold down box sides, built in tie downs, etc. 24 mpgs in the city.

the kia towner is left hand drive, propane, 2wd and the diahatsiu is RHD 4x4 gas. With winter tires and salt boxes with 3-500 lbs of salt in the back, these things are unstoppable in the winter.

Its a real shame the big manufacturers haven't started building them or selling them here. Maybe Kia, Hyundia, or toyota will fill the market gap eventually. Having local parts and service would be desireable. Shipping parts from Korea sucks.
Thanks for the info. my gmc has the six litre and uses plenty of fuel, next unit is certainly going to be more fuel efficent
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Member

That tractor trailer can handle all that weight?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We supported the frame with wood blocking
Old 03-03-2012, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Great work!

The shop and entire operation looks good. Can you give us some background on your company like how old is it, how many trucks and team members? Thanks and stay warm!

www.bradfordyard.ca
Old 03-03-2012, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Company started in 1992. I bought it in 1999. It was just a name, I was the only employee, and the asset list was a wheelbarrow and hand tools. No equip. It was a good gig to help me pay my way through university.
We now have 25-35 employees (varies seasonally), 10 trucks, 2 dump trucks, 2 loaders, 4 skidsteers, and the list goes on.

We do landscape design, contruction, parkinglot sweeping and line painting, grounds, maint, and are one of the largest full service snow companies in our area.
Posted via Mobile Device