Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
brandonppr brandonppr is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: tn
Posts: 57
Fertilizer Licenses in Tennessee?

I have contacted the TN department of Ag. They said for a business owner who has not worked under anyone for 2 years that I would need to first pass the cat 3 exam (ortimental and turf) and then I would need so many hr credits of class (24 hours cont ed credits) and then I think pass something else(horterculture lawn and turf). I have the 2 books to study for the exam for cat 3 that I got from UTK.

I already have qoutes on the bond requirements and already have the other insurance requirements.

Is there anyone here that has been through this and could explain to me how this works? Is there somewhere I can go to class that can help me through this process?

I want to be able to seed and fert. If I have employees, do they have to all pass the exam to or only the person applying the fertilizer or seed? If I want them to be able to apply, what are their requirements?

Last edited by brandonppr; 02-29-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Grand View Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.11547 seconds with 9 queries