Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-29-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark dealer is less than 5 min from my house and grasshopper is 30, so that makes a diff to me too.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I would buy a grasshopper over the exmark, but our grasshopper dealer isn't very good and barely keeps any in stock. When I first got into this business I wanted a scag, but I didn't like the dealer. Sometimes dealer support is more important than which mower you like best. My exmark dealer is great
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmarkman11 View Post
I would buy a grasshopper over the exmark, but our grasshopper dealer isn't very good and barely keeps any in stock. When I first got into this business I wanted a scag, but I didn't like the dealer. Sometimes dealer support is more important than which mower you like best. My exmark dealer is great
Posted via Mobile Device
A hearty I agree to this. Dealers need to stock stuff. I had a dealer that never seemed to carry anything I needed for a particular mower that I owned and they are supposedly a five-star dealer for this particular mower yet I had to always wait for up to a week for parts. I wanted to buy a new piece of equipment and he said I had to wait three weeks to see equipment in May that I wanted to look at before forking over 10 grand to buy. He flat out told me that he was not going to stock stuff that he couldn't sell quickly. I laughed and replied I can't buy stuff in May if you don't stock it till June when the season is a third of the way over and walked out the door and never went back lol.

Tags
exmark , scag , stander , zero turn