Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Best time to start advertising in PA??

OK, so I'll be starting out this spring. I'm legit, business is legally set up, taxes are to be collected, insured blah blah blah......

I'll be a solo outfit, I picked up some used Scag mowers. I got a 52" Wildcat and a 36" WB. Gotta grab a few Stihls yet, pimp out my truck and trailer for mowing operations and I'll be ready to roll.

I ordered 2000 "postcards" which are pretty much a door hanger without the hanger part, and 2000 business cards. I'm doing this part time to make ends meet, (I'm a school teacher during the regular workday, but that's not getting the bills paid...I know I know, we're all greedy, overpaid, under-worked, unionized slobs etc etc ) sorry, couldn't resist saying that. those words echo in my ears at night.

Anyway, I have some teaching certification "stuff" to wrap up in the next 2 weeks, so once things calm down in my life, I'm thinking of starting to pass out these postcards starting March 11th. What do you guys think? Am I too late, too early.....? If I can land 15-20 accounts I'll be tickled pink and would even splurge on a case of beer for myself. Any more than that, I'm not sure I could keep up with in the spring and fall. Summers no prob since I won't be teaching.

Any tips on how to deliver these postcards? I'm planning to stay away from the mailboxes but I'm assuming paper boxes are fair game. The properties in my area aren't conducive to walking door to door, most are 2-3 acres and it would take forever. So it's gotta be "driving friendly" if that makes sense.

thanks in advance
ps anyone else really really jonesin for spring? I love the wintertime and all but ****, this winter has sucked, cold wet and miserable with no snow.....come on spring.