Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2011, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Night time shot of Waterfall

Here's a nice pic I took the other night.

FncPonds Stone & Grass
www.FncPonds.com
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2011, 06:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty! Got a daytime shot?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

very good!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like it but I think it would've take you only 5 more min, to straighten the light fixtures up
Old 12-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Sponsor

Thats a crisp photo. I know it's difficult for a photo to tell the overall story. are you standing with the back of the house behind you? Is the water feature seen thru any of the windows of rooms that are used after dark? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, can you tell me what the focal point of the water feature is during the day? What is the focal point at night? are they the same? Here's a thought, as the designer and installer of the water feature you are controlling what they see and how they see that water feature in daytime but you are under the control of the sun/daylight and the way the daylight shows off your work at different times of the day. At night, as long as there isn't overwhelming ambient light, you are in total control of how that same feature is seen. You can creat a totally different view at night. a water feature that is obvious by day can draw the eye at night by enhancing the sense of hearing. Another thought, with some basic control systems, 2 scenes could be created. One that is very subtle when setting on the patio, one that is more powerful when viewed from inside where the pupil is more constricted due to ambient light. Nice effort. Check out the website below about the AOLP conference. If you're interested in joining get in touch with Paul Gosselin, you see his comments on the lighting forum under "Texas Chapter" I believe. They have just formed a Texas chapter. Seems like you have an interst in outdoor lighting and i believe you would benefit from meeting others.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

There was some 150 tons of boulders used in this project. It was built for a wedding venue and the walkway is where the people get married. We used two 16,000 gph pumps so right before they say I do we kick on the second pump for a grand o splash. The lighting was just temporary for a moon light pond tour we did. We will be installing the lighting soon and there will be a lot of things I do differently, was just a quick light up the area job.
I will Post a day pic and some construction pics later been busy finishing up some projects.
Thanks
www.FncPonds.com
www.KoiPondstore.com
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

That looks nice. I really like the double falls, nice job! That is a good sized project. As far as the picture goes, it is better than a lot of night time shots I have seen. It does appear a little grainy, which is a product of a high ISO setting so you can have a short shutter speed. I don't know if you have a camera that will allow you to shoot manual settings, but try setting your ISO (speed of digital film) to 100 or 200 and using a good tripod with the auto shoot timer on your camera (this will eliminate camera shake and a fuzzy picture.) If you are just beginning to shoot you might set your camera aperture to around f7, this is a good average, medium distance focal length aperature for twilight shots. Depending on how dark it is you may need to set your shutter speed to 3-8 seconds or longer if it is fully dark.

Just a few hints for you. Your composition is good on the photo. Don't be afraid to find some small detail items that are very cool and get some close-ups. Sometimes, things that seem insignificant by day will dazzle under the warmth of soft landscape lighting.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com
Old 02-27-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Very Nice night shot! Very good boulder placement and planting selection. Looks like a masterpiece to me. Keep up the good work. I too, really like the double waterfalls.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice! I like the idea of kicking on a second pump right before the "I do"!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think it looks great. I would recommend putting a watermark on the photo so people cant steal it.

Tags
east texas waterfall , pond pumps , pond supplys , pondless waterfall