Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm guessing that you used 3-way Ester. 1oz per 3 gallons of water, per 1,000 sq ft.
I always spray 2 gal per 1,000. My app should be more likely to burn, than yours. Even with warm temperatures, I believe you can apply this below 80 or 85 degrees. Drought stress will also cause weed controls to burn desirable turf grass. The only time in 20 years that I burned any fescue, I didn't recirculate the product in the hose after letting it sit overnight. I didn't worry about leaving fert/pre/post overnight in the hose for quite a while, before I burned some turf (600 sq ft). It usually wasn't a problem.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

you missed the edges....

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Hey Jason
If you have a 50 gallon tank and you are spraying 3 gal per K then you should be covering 16.5K and would need 16.5oz of product at 1oz perK. Is that how you mixed?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

How could you be spraying air "chchchchch," if you just mixed a new tank?
Remember that there is about a gallon or two contained in the hose itself. Does this indicate that the hose was partially empty? Meaning that on the reel the top of each hose coil was filled with air, whereas the bottom was filled with solution?? Top of each coil filled with air or ammonia gas. Tricky...my calculations show that if you used a half-inch hose, and it was 300 feet long you had about 706 cubic inches of old solution in the hose itself. At 231 cubic inches per gallon(see Google)--you had about 3 gallons of solution in that hose.

I burned a lawn a couple of years ago when I sprayed a lawn with a urea/herbicide solution that had been in the hose for a few days in hot weather. (Hot to us...is about 90.)