Register free!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the infor Gregory, makes me a little more confident in what I am looking to do.

The max I have, has a 4gpm pump, I am hoping that is enough, I will let you know when it gets finished and I try it out.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the only reason i changed out the pump to the 5gpm they sell is i was maxing my psi out with the 4gpm when i would use the 1gal/k tips. didnt have much going back to the tank. so now i have the 5gpm pump on there and more going back to the tank and i am not maxed out on the psi. with the other pump i needed 28psi to get the 1gal/k mark and that was all the pump had this one as more if i need it..
Old 01-23-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hmmm, now I am thinking I may need to go bigger pump. I was already running my pump at 30 psi with the 1/3 gallon tips, this was giving my final spray solution of 1/2 gallon per k. I found that worked really well for weed control.

To the OP, obviously I are telling you to go with the z-spray. Gregory has upgraded his and I am in the process of switching mine and I know of another local outfit that upgraded theirs 2 years ago without any issues.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Finally got it out to test yesterday...

The 4.5 gallon pump I have is no where near enough to run 5 nozzles at 1.5 gallons. I knew that but wanted to test my luck.

I was able to run 3 nozzles at 30 psi with the return valve closed.....so at least I know that everything works as it should

I will be calling lt rich today to see what they recommend to give me at least 10gpm, I need 5 nozzles at 1.5 and the return agitation so I figure at least 9 gpm will be used at any given time.....

I did blow thru water fast, not used to spraying at that volume....good thing I set up a tote tank with a 2" gravity feed line, fills fast.

Update to follow when I get the pump set up...