Register free!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterit View Post
I gave up on the SL a few years ago. What attracted me most to them was 1) they had a dual-voltage transformer, very handy when doing pump controls, and 2) the weather station.

Then I started to get erratic programming problems - the controller would start itself at odd times, not start at programmed times, and most of the trouible seemed to be the weather station deciding when the controller should operate. So I isolated the weather station but continued to have problems.
Ditto. Spent many hours troubleshooting these controllers, most of the time end up replacing the face plate or the whole controller. One thing I have found is the program A start time reset to 12 & 3 happens most consistently with a power outage, be it a full power out or opening the face plate, when there is no functioning battery in place. Now don't ask me why this happens given the program is supposed to be in static memory, but these programming problems seem to occur mostly with program A (resetting or just not working). Also had my share of problematic weather stations.

I have one right now the weather station (wired commercial grade) is no longer being seen by the controller. Haven't tried to troubleshoot it yet.