Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-15-2007, 03:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, I like you AZ! I am familiar with the "reverse" marketing techniques and I am fond of them. I was taught by the "old schools" at DC and it works for me. Different approaches aren't as much good, in different markets, but rather by different sales guys. I have a long way to go to be able to adapt to the techniques that AZ is talking about because of my training, but they are just as effective for someone else. Choosing sales tactics is like choosing a personality. You have to "feel" it or you won't be able to effectively deliver your message to the buyer.

If a buyer is "comfortable" with you and has no "ill thoughts" about your company. He/She is 90% sold. All that's left is to decide on a price. The buyer has probably already done that and so have you. Your price will be higher than his, but he will look at that price as to whether or not it is an "acceptable variable" from his by "weighing the pros and cons". This is the "art of the deal" that all sales and consumers alike love to practice. Especially women! Don't ever under estimate a woman's "purchasing power". If you treat them like a used car dealer they will shun you for it.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the complement. I think your passion for what you do also goes a long way to how successful you will be.

When I teach a class or work a garden tour home, I always get the same compliment. That is that my enthusiasm comes through and they can clearly see I love what I do. Besides being a great sales tool this enthusiasm also feeds your quest for knowledge which makes you even more appealing to a client. Another win win scenario.

I took the sales class because I am always looking for ways to improve but I honestly felt like a fish out of water. I don't endure nearly as much rejection as most sales people do. So doing the up front contracts and getting past the gatekeeper stuff just was very foreign to me and the reverse sales technique fits me just fine.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Green,

Have you updated your usp? or is still the same.

I am working with a business coach on this idea and as in your postings it is difficult to get my mind wraped around it but I am getting closer to that "ah aha" moment.