Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
Not as much as one may think. I do 95% of the work myself
Posted via Mobile Device
And that's how your saving a ton.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
And then, this summer when the money is right....
Attachment 240667

How much are those and where do you get them? I may have to look into a set!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnMan19 View Post
And that's how your saving a ton.
Yep, and what I can't do by myself, I usually get a good deal on anyways just from being a small town and knowing the right people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler7692 View Post
How much are those and where do you get them? I may have to look into a set!
I think they're close to 200 bucks, I just found them on ebay, not sure of the exact site....

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully tearing into the truck pretty soon to fix my front fender issue. Thinking about painting the entire truck, not sure what color yet, but kinda toying with the idea of gun metal gray like elanor in gone in 60 seconds. Or I may just leave it white, who knows. Got a few other new parts while I was stripping down this other vehicle. Soooo let the fun begin, I'm intending to mount the grille guard to be easily removable for plowing, or fabricate a mounting system to fit my uni-mount so it will be super easy to take off. Obviously if I do that though I will probably lock it on the truck some way. Anyways...
Name:  Grille Guard & Fender.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  61.9 KB

Name:  New Headlights.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  62.4 KB

2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Ryan Aerator
Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you spend so much money, change and alter your trucks so much its rediculas. Is there ever a time your gonna stop? I am all for upgrading your truck to make it look awesome and work and sound better, but theres gotta be a time you stop, take a look at the bigger picture. YOUR TRUCKS ARE ALL STILL DEPRECIATING.

I hate the look of the older f150's with the narrow front end,but yours does look a lot better than stock! Id just bump the dents out, clean it up nice and leave it as it is now and stop toying with it.

Think of how much money could be in your savings account rather than bolted on your truck? When i thought about that this year, it made me sick of how much i put into my truck. Theres a time where all the mods have to stop and you need to work your truck and make money and put it in the bank. I guess thats called growing up or being mature, but i like money in the bank rather than on my truck

P.S. Im not bashing, because i was/still may be a little like you and i realized that i have to stop caring about material things and plan and save for future. Making my operation lean and mean rather than always upgrading the same equipment.

It allows you to buy bigger purchases in the future to really benifit your business in the long run.

Insured and Licensed
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I understand all the, I literally have less than a grand in my truck in mods. I got SMOKIN' deals on all my after market stuff. I really don't spend much money on my truck, looks like I do, but I really don't. Def plan to work the heck out of her this summer though and make bank.

2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Ryan Aerator
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
you spend so much money, change and alter your trucks so much its rediculas. Is there ever a time your gonna stop? I am all for upgrading your truck to make it look awesome and work and sound better, but theres gotta be a time you stop, take a look at the bigger picture. YOUR TRUCKS ARE ALL STILL DEPRECIATING.

I hate the look of the older f150's with the narrow front end,but yours does look a lot better than stock! Id just bump the dents out, clean it up nice and leave it as it is now and stop toying with it.

Think of how much money could be in your savings account rather than bolted on your truck? When i thought about that this year, it made me sick of how much i put into my truck. Theres a time where all the mods have to stop and you need to work your truck and make money and put it in the bank. I guess thats called growing up or being mature, but i like money in the bank rather than on my truck

P.S. Im not bashing, because i was/still may be a little like you and i realized that i have to stop caring about material things and plan and save for future. Making my operation lean and mean rather than always upgrading the same equipment.

It allows you to buy bigger purchases in the future to really benifit your business in the long run.
I'm 50/50 with you on this deal. I agree about not wanting to blow money to save for the big picture, but on the other side of that a couple hundred here and there isn't gonna make or break getting that new dump truck or skid steer. Just make sure you have the funds available to basically throw away, because aftermarket mods don't do anything to raise the value of the pickup when you sell it. It's just simply something for your own benefit. The way I look at it, you only get one shot at the whole life thing, so you may as well do what you can to get the most enjoyment out of it.

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 03-10-2012, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
I'm 50/50 with you on this deal. I agree about not wanting to blow money to save for the big picture, but on the other side of that a couple hundred here and there isn't gonna make or break getting that new dump truck or skid steer. Just make sure you have the funds available to basically throw away, because aftermarket mods don't do anything to raise the value of the pickup when you sell it. It's just simply something for your own benefit. The way I look at it, you only get one shot at the whole life thing, so you may as well do what you can to get the most enjoyment out of it.
Exactly, I'm still young and enjoy modding my truck, I'm sure one day I will grow out of it. You started your season yet bro?

2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Ryan Aerator
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Exactly, I'm still young and enjoy modding my truck, I'm sure one day I will grow out of it. You started your season yet bro?
Yep, been going on cleanups for a couple weeks. Got a bunch of seeding to do, as well as my first round apps to do next week. And still have to pass out a few hundred more door hangers.

Hopefully I make enough to put dual exhaust and a leveling kit, as well as wheels and tires on my pickup this year haha. Also need some other things like an engine for my old work truck (the 84 Chevy, its getting resurected), a new aerator, and before next season I'd love to get a 200 or 300 gallon skid sprayer, with an enclosed trailer for it to live in , so I can go to doing liquid first rounds apps so I can blanket spray weeds at the same time.

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
Yep, been going on cleanups for a couple weeks. Got a bunch of seeding to do, as well as my first round apps to do next week. And still have to pass out a few hundred more door hangers.

Hopefully I make enough to put dual exhaust and a leveling kit, as well as wheels and tires on my pickup this year haha. Also need some other things like an engine for my old work truck (the 84 Chevy, its getting resurected), a new aerator, and before next season I'd love to get a 200 or 300 gallon skid sprayer, with an enclosed trailer for it to live in , so I can go to doing liquid first rounds apps so I can blanket spray weeds at the same time.
Heck yeah thats awesome man, I hope to get myself setup nice for irrigation work this season. Just some way to organize my parts real nice and probably an air compressor for the blowouts. Got a deal right now where I can pick up a 100cfm tow behind compressor for 900 bucks if the deal goes through. The guy who is selling it is supposed to let me know before noon tomorrow. So we'll see, I'm not really counting on it though, I'll probably just end up with a skid mount compressor for the bed of the truck. Which would be fine too, more portable and less convenient for someone to take off with, as my work truck has a locking tail gate. So either way, before fall I will have to have a compressor.

2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger