Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2012, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Pricing Help

I have a hefty project here in Ga. I was looking at what general price i should charge without insulting each other. He wants the kudzu removed and controlled, lawn maintained (grass cut and trimmed), trash removed and windows/doors boarded up on the house itself. How much is a fair price for the investor. PS he doesnt want a complete lawn renovation, just enough to satisfy the city of Atlanta.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It's hard to get the scope of the job from pix, but it looks like a lot of material to remove.
I'd be charging for 2 days plus the trucking...
Will that stuff beat up easily enough with one of those string mowers? even if you can't get all of the stems beat into pieces a string mower should get the bulk of it...
Then go through with a bp blower, getting it onto tarps then onto trucks... or it would be nice to burn it right there...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would say use a Bobcat with forks on the front. Cram the residue into a brush chipper. Add a few hours of hand lopper work. You have to charge about 50 to 100 an hour to cover the rental (or purchase) of the machines. Plant some kind of grass and mow and apply herbicide frequently. Looks like an all day job to me. And probably requires at least two workers.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Member

yea i talk to a local lawn guy and he suggested the bobcat idea as well. but when i suggested it to the investor, it seems that he would like to steer away from that route (and expense). i did some number cramming and came up with a price of $1500 for the yard which includes a typical monthly trimming, cutting, trash and kudzu checking. added another $400 for boarding up the house for the total of $1900. i based this price with using mild equipment such as a walk behind mulching mower, blower, trimmer and edger (instead of a bobcat and brush chipper).

Tags
kudzu , landscape , lawn , price , renovation