Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2003, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

chariot1964,

Where did you buy the Great Dane? Hickory Home & Garden? That tractor dealer down your way off HWY 321 a little ways? Or up my way at Tarheel Ford New Holland?

Also, did you get to demo?

I'd like to know for future reference in case I ever decide to check out a Chariot LX. Back when I was shopping and before I decided against a larger deck, I was real interested in getting a 61" Chariot out for a demo.

There were several litle things I liked about it. The center sticks, single gas tank under the seat, double Scag-like frame rails, plenty of trim, low and wide, ect... But I couldn't get a demo to save my life.

The owner of that tractor joint down your way was up to letting me haul it up to my accounts, Hickory Home & Garden said "we don't allow demos" and Tarheel was too busy trying to sell me a Grasshopper for less.

What the heck is that all about? No way was I laying down $7 G + tax on something I'd never done more that sit on and dream.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 06-21-2003, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Envy just now got back on line, and got your response.
I bought my chariot 52 almost 3 yrs ago from Farmers & Builders Supply. I got a fairly good deal was originally going to by chariot jr. 48, but found out he would sell me a chariot 52 for the same price. Not mention my brother n law works there, on the mowers so he trys to take care of me when he can.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey envey!

The Chariot LX is nothing short of awsome!!!
Got 17 hours on mine, tip speed is 18,500.

jim
Old 06-21-2003, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Envy Lawn Service
There were several litle things I liked about it. The center sticks, single gas tank under the seat, double Scag-like frame rails, plenty of trim, low and wide, ect...
I was kind of partial to the 61" Chariots for the above reasons. For some reason, to me the machine had a feel about it when sitting in the seat. It felt low, stable and comfortable.

I don't know if this is the case or not because all I ever got to do was "sit" on it.

Maybe if I go down to Farmers & Builders Supply I can get a demo? I would like to try one when I can make a good excuse to get a big mower (60"-72"). Getting some accounts with open acreage would be the best excuse I could think of.....

Do they make a 72" LX?

naturalawn,

How's that new deck v/s the old one? What cut did you get? Is scalping an issue? Or are your accounts flat and smooth? I ask this because I also like the Ferris, Country Clipper and Grasshopper-outfront designs. When it comes to big decks, one that articulates seems like a good idea. There is a lot of rolling terrain around here.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"