Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

Why show your ink for free?? Buy a Tent and Charge a Quarter.
Ric, I am not a successful enough lawn boy to have ink yet....one day I will however have INK and raise up to the greatness of some of the all time great lawn boys that came before me!

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Ric, I am not a successful enough lawn boy to have ink yet....one day I will however have INK and raise up to the greatness of some of the all time great lawn boys that came before me!
Mikey

You know you have made it as a Lawn boy when you can afford ink from head to toes. Face tattoos show real class so get on those first. Nothing lets a new customer have faith in you than your club symbol tattooed right on your neck is plain sight. But don't be a wimp like Mike Tyson and go all the way with full color ink.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Mikey

You know you have made it as a Lawn boy when you can afford ink from head to toes. Face tattoos show real class so get on those first. Nothing lets a new customer have faith in you than your club symbol tattooed right on your neck is plain sight. But don't be a wimp like Mike Tyson and go all the way with full color ink.

Ric,

One day when I grow up from being just a regular lawn turd and make it big, I plan on looking like this. My customers will know that I am a success because I can afford all this ink. I doubt that collections will be hard either as they will know I mean business.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Mikey

Great to see you have your goals headed in the right direction. However You might want to have your picture in Public Record like my hero pictured below.
Attached Images

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I like how this thread has taken a complete 360 into whole nother topic
Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T.RLawnCare View Post
I like how this thread has taken a complete 360 into whole nother topic
Welcome to the forums and especially welcome to the FLORIDA forums J.T.R .....we do things just a little different down here as you can tell, usually in good fun. Stick around for awhile and you will enjoy us I think.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I am a forum man and well i enjoy this one very much and being only 19 there is soooooo much for me too learn and this seems like the best place till i get my own experiences to learn off of
Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey JT I am in Destin. Have been full time for 11 years or so. To be fair to yourself you must first know your costs. Before you get paid equipment, insurance, uncle sam and a bunch of other stuff must be paid. You see all the majical numbers thrown around here. Most don't really pertain to our area. I currently run one truck with one employee. We are prodominantly maitenance. We do several installs during the off season but March thru November nothing but mowig pruning and mulch. The point where I am able to pay myself is when each of us brings in 35 bucks an hour. Most days we cover that and a tad more. Few days we double that. Me likey those days. Real easy when you first start to under priece your services. You may pick up alot of work quickly but you will find that you are doing nothing but wearing yourself and your equipment out. Anyway best of luck
Old 03-10-2012, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey J.T.R. Just remember... Everything you do costs money. Keep a close track of your expenses . Low balling will help you get customers but you will be working for free.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I figured that I need 25X25 to be successful in my eyes 25 residential 25 cut edge blow a week
that pays my bills and lets me put some away each month but I figured to make sure this happens I first need 25 accounts on weekly service my tail gate is 30.00 on any service preformed, although I am going to try and get accounts closer to 35-45 a cut hopefully the past few weeks call backs on flyers have been few and its starting really slow….any advice I went ahead and got GL though so now Licensed and Insured from day 1.

Tags
gulf breeze , navarre , new business , pointers