Register free!

Old 03-11-2012, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
cga

I ask the same type of question above and was told they didn't need wheels or height control. Everyone has their own ideals on what is the best application equipment or method. I don't want to knock this one. But it sure doesn't impress me as something I want to try and I am a equipment freak.

Post some pics of your setups...I'd like to see them...I love me some gadgets!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not all of my lawns are at green height. I would need some huge wheels for the st augustine.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-11-2012, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Not all of my lawns are at green height. I would need some huge wheels for the st augustine.
True...I am just thinking it would be difficult for me to maintain height and it would be pretty cool if it could roll. Of it works for you that's all that matters.

I'm getting ready to scalp my bermuda and top dress with sand this spring...can't wait to get my lawn back to reel mowing condition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Many of the lawns I do are not the kind that something can easily be rolled to. I feel sorry for the mowing guys who have to 2 man carry a reel mower onto a lawn. This is what happens when everything is built on the side of a dormant volcano. Everything has some kind of extreme grade to it. My kneecaps are at 16", the height I prefer to spray at. So holding the boom at that height is alright. If we want to talk about not being able to maintain a height, I believe golf courses have it bad. They have to drive a boom over ground that has all manner of hills, mounds and valleys. The greens are the only flat ground. In order to keep height, their booms would have to articulate at 2' intervals.

Not too long ago, I power raked and deep verticut my bermuda at home. It has been raining for 2 weeks straight and the sun might not come out this week. The bermuda was growing well in February, now it looks bad. One of the hardest things to deal with is that it never gets cold enough for the grass to go dormant. But the grass can be deprived of sun for long periods of time. Last year was the worst. Even the sod growers had trouble.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Post some pics of your setups...I'd like to see them...I love me some gadgets!
Posted via Mobile Device
cga

I don't want to steal the Spray Boom thread but here is a picture of my Fire Ant spray truck. I actually do enough Fire Ant Control to justify a second dedicated truck for Fire Ants as a one man band. This is a picture of my Chemical injector. I tank only clean potable fresh water and only mix by injecting the Insecticide right at the the hose reel.

This next Picture is my home made manifold for changing chemicals on the fly. A real advantage with injector systems. Chemical # 1 is the every day repellent insecticide that just about every one uses for Fire Ants here in Fla.

Chemical Two is a Ric Mix of NON REPELLENT INSECTICIDE AND A CAKE MIX. which acts like a bait to attract insects. This I will band spray on large properties for a more economic control.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.Ē John Wayne.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks really good ric...I saw an injector system for a JD gun that I thought would be cool to have.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Many of the lawns I do are not the kind that something can easily be rolled to. I feel sorry for the mowing guys who have to 2 man carry a reel mower onto a lawn. This is what happens when everything is built on the side of a dormant volcano. Everything has some kind of extreme grade to it. My kneecaps are at 16", the height I prefer to spray at. So holding the boom at that height is alright. If we want to talk about not being able to maintain a height, I believe golf courses have it bad. They have to drive a boom over ground that has all manner of hills, mounds and valleys. The greens are the only flat ground. In order to keep height, their booms would have to articulate at 2' intervals.

Not too long ago, I power raked and deep verticut my bermuda at home. It has been raining for 2 weeks straight and the sun might not come out this week. The bermuda was growing well in February, now it looks bad. One of the hardest things to deal with is that it never gets cold enough for the grass to go dormant. But the grass can be deprived of sun for long periods of time. Last year was the worst. Even the sod growers had trouble.
I just power raked mine today...a bit early but I want to injure the rye....I'll post pics this evening when complete.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2012, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

GreenDoc
Do you mind posting a pic of the 3 nozzle boom hooked up to your Solo backpack with a clear view of the gun/regulator to boom connections.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sure can. Everything is on quick couplers. Take note that this assembly is also used on the end of my skid sprayer hose instead of a Chemlawn gun.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I guess I was mainly interested in a close up of the gun to regulator connection not necessarily the quick couplers. And a pic of the whole setup connected together.