Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-13-2010, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

This is my first year doing fert apps aswell. I kinda went over board but Ive got a great setup.
1) ive got a ram 3500 with an 8 foot bed.
2) I bought a three tank sprayer from turbo turf $5500
200 gal main tank w/ 2 50 gal mixing tanks and 2x 300' hose reels (1 power, 1 manual). This is awesome because I can spray multiple things at one site or change for different sites. I figured for the price the versatility was worth the extra cost.
I specifically got the compact frame where the pump, tanks, and reels are all mounted on top of the main tank. The reels hang off the side a little but its ok.
3) I bought (my friend made it for me) a spreader mount that slides into my class V hitch. major space saver, i dont have to empty it if there is some left and much less lifting.
Because of the compact spray rig frame and the spreader mount I can still fit 20 to 25 50lb bags of fert in the truck.
4) 2 large rubber made containers. one for my 2 hand held sprayers. one for my liquid product. I keep them in the back seat. I hate keeping this stuff in the cab btu in the containers its not so bad. But I never keep granular in the cab...EVER. makes the truck smell like SH!%
I modeled it after the unit I was using for my former employer. I know its a bit much but Its very versatile and It will grow with my company.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcat View Post
I have about 250 fert/weed accounts that I service with a 200 gal skid sprayer, a Lesco push spreader and a couple backpacks. A ride on would be handy for larger accounts but I've never used one. If you're concerned about bed space I would suggest a rig like in the picture or else a flatbed. The size of the tank should depend on how big your lawns are, how close together they are, and how often you want to fill up every day. With my 200 gal tank, I usually fill up once in the morning and once after lunch when doing liquid apps. I normally do 15-20 per day.
where can i find this setup?