Register free!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
He is now a trust fund baby. The grandma whose attic he formerly occupied passed and left her entire estate to Mike. He is now a man of liesure with a slew of mexican landscapers tending the vast formal grounds of his new mansion. This leaves him much free time to come here and pontificate to the unwashed masses.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is right...I am now the proud owner of a double wide in a retirement community here in FL. I complain to the landscaper and tell him to do extras that he never agreed too but tell him that I am going to get him extra work in the neighborhood for doing it, lawn turd are gullible like that.....then I am going to screw with him by sending him my payment just slightly later each month.....Then one month I am not going to pay him at all and see if that turd still shows up, if he does, looks like I am going to be sitting pretty in my new double wide with free lawn care. I also plan on telling him that every insect in my lawn is his fault because he brought it in with his big zero turn mower. I bet the turd will give me a couple of months service for free after that lashing. If he does not ....I am simply going to craigslist and find another lawn turd and continue the cycle.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
That is right...I am now the proud owner of a double wide in a retirement community here in FL. I complain to the landscaper and tell him to do extras that he never agreed too but tell him that I am going to get him extra work in the neighborhood for doing it, lawn turd are gullible like that.....then I am going to screw with him by sending him my payment just slightly later each month.....Then one month I am not going to pay him at all and see if that turd still shows up, if he does, looks like I am going to be sitting pretty in my new double wide with free lawn care. I also plan on telling him that every insect in my lawn is his fault because he brought it in with his big zero turn mower. I bet the turd will give me a couple of months service for free after that lashing. If he does not ....I am simply going to craigslist and find another lawn turd and continue the cycle.
It's good to know there are people in your area like that too. I picked up one like that this Spring. He called me the other afternoon and immediately got that condescending tone of voice so I quickly put him in his place. I caught him off guard. It didn't take him long to "crawfish".

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 03-15-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
It's good to know there are people in your area like that too. I picked up one like that this Spring. He called me the other afternoon and immediately got that condescending tone of voice so I quickly put him in his place. I caught him off guard. It didn't take him long to "crawfish".
Sorry Guys

Collecting is not one of my problems. I might live in a small retirement area but my Old Fart Customers chase me down the street to pay me.

Oops In Edit let me add I don't need a shovel like BooBy Gedd.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Sorry Guys

Collecting is not one of my problems. I might live in a small retirement area but my Old Fart Customers chase me down the street to pay me.

Oops In Edit let me add I don't need a shovel like BooBy Gedd.

Ric....first turn your hearing aid up because I called you and you did not answer your phone and I can only assume as entertaining as I am you could not hear your phone and not that you chose not to talk to me.

Second....Booby Gedd is not tall enough to due any real damage with a shovel ...the most he could due is wack a customer in the ankles and that is assuming he was standing on his Z turn to do so.

Last..... I can see that being the case with your customers if they are a older customer base.....it is a generational thing IMHO...but those that have lived through the depression or in the time period shortly after....they believe in paying their bills promptly it appears.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
Ric....first turn your hearing aid up because I called you and you did not answer your phone and I can only assume as entertaining as I am you could not hear your phone and not that you chose not to talk to me.

Second....Booby Gedd is not tall enough to due any real damage with a shovel ...the most he could due is wack a customer in the ankles and that is assuming he was standing on his Z turn to do so.

Last..... I can see that being the case with your customers if they are a older customer base.....it is a generational thing IMHO...but those that have lived through the depression or in the time period shortly after....they believe in paying their bills promptly it appears.

Mikey

1.) There is nothing wrong with my hearing, My Phone is on the charger. I only have the one Cell Phone and 3 number that all call forward to the cell.

2.) BooBy Gedd can't afford a Z turn, he uses a Walk Behinds Mower and a Pick up Truck he recently repainted. It took 9 spray cans. Don't laugh, That is the truth.

3.) You are Correct My County has the Oldest average age in the WORLD. Once again Don't laugh, That is the Truth. BTW My customer are younger than me. Now you can laugh.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 03-16-2012, 12:41 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

My older customers want to pay me promptly too. Some of them hate like hell to spend 45 cents on a stamp.

My comment was concerned with some peoples need to treat us like "lawn turds". While I'll have to admit that there are some who frequent this site that I would have to classify there, I do not consider myself to be part of that select group and don't take kindly to being treated like I am by some Fukstik who just happens to be the ramrod at his place of employment.

For instance:
Mr. Smith... "Well, I'm sitting here watching my weeds grow!"(these were nearly the very first words out of his mouth...and he had a smartazz tone of voice)

Me..." Mr. Smith, I just sprayed your lawn 5or 6 days ago. Have you mowed now that we've gotten a little rain a couple of days ago?"

Mr. Smith... "no"(smartazz tone of voice has changed)

Me... Mr. Smith, I wrote on the invoice to mow after application had been rained in that this would improve the effectiveness of the weed control. The invoice also has "Allow 2 weeks for results" printed on it.

Mr. Smith... I'll mow it as soon as it dries out a little more. We'll give it some more time. ( tone of voice/attitude opposite of of what it was initially)

End of conversation

I hate getting that type of call, but I love shutting them down when I do.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 03-16-2012, 07:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
My older customers want to pay me promptly too. Some of them hate like hell to spend 45 cents on a stamp.

My comment was concerned with some peoples need to treat us like "lawn turds". While I'll have to admit that there are some who frequent this site that I would have to classify there, I do not consider myself to be part of that select group and don't take kindly to being treated like I am by some Fukstik who just happens to be the ramrod at his place of employment.

For instance:
Mr. Smith... "Well, I'm sitting here watching my weeds grow!"(these were nearly the very first words out of his mouth...and he had a smartazz tone of voice)

Me..." Mr. Smith, I just sprayed your lawn 5or 6 days ago. Have you mowed now that we've gotten a little rain a couple of days ago?"

Mr. Smith... "no"(smartazz tone of voice has changed)

Me... Mr. Smith, I wrote on the invoice to mow after application had been rained in that this would improve the effectiveness of the weed control. The invoice also has "Allow 2 weeks for results" printed on it.

Mr. Smith... I'll mow it as soon as it dries out a little more. We'll give it some more time. ( tone of voice/attitude opposite of of what it was initially)

End of conversation

I hate getting that type of call, but I love shutting them down when I do.

Ted

Life is too short to worry about PITA people who think they know more about lawns than we do. I stopped taking those people personal a long time ago.

Case in point Fl landscape did a verticut on a very up tight Gay couple and sold them My Fert & squirt service. The Short story is even with the Greenest Lawn on the Block they were unhappy and fired me. A few weeks later I drive past the house to see the Lawn burned out with Roundup. I ran into a friendly tech from the Big Box company and ask him if they picked up the account. He started laughing and told me they were the joke of the company and there were bets on how long they would last as a customer. I had made the same statement to Fl landscape when I took them on.