Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2006, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to our forum!

Hello Lawnsite members,

Fluid Film is proud to be advertising on Lawnsite.com again and looking forward to the interaction with its members through this forum. As a promotional tool to get this forum rolling, we would like to offer samples cans to the first 100 or so members within the Continental United States who request one from me at dwilliams@eurekafluidfilm.com. If you are not familiar with Fluid Film, it is a solvent free, wool wax (lanolin) based, rust/corrosion preventive and lubricant. With no solvent content, Fluid Film will not evaporate and will outlast any competitive product. It leaves a wet, non-drying barrier that prevents any oxidation from occurring. It is safe to use on paint, plastic and synthetic rubber, and it will also not burn greenery when applied to cutting devices.

Check out our website for comparitive testing results at http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com/about/testing.html and get your free sample today.

If you have any questions regarding applications, benefits, or concerns using the product, please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by Dano50; 03-08-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Question

so could you use it as a truck under coating? or as a slick coating for Plow mold boards? Underside of mower decks? If you apply it over a surface that has started to corode, does it stop any further corosion? Could it be sprayed on plant leaves in the summer to reduce transpiration? Thanks.

Greg
Old 03-08-2006, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Greg,

You've asked some great questions.

First of all, Fluid Film will make an excellent vehicle undercoating. It is a once a year type application that will stop any corrosion from moisture or road salt. Because it doesn't dry, it will migrate into inaccessible areas and resist wash off. We sell a lot of Fluid Film on the East Coast and Canada for that application due to the harsh winters.

I have never heard of the plow mold board application and would appreciate any feedback you could give me if you try it, but if what you are looking for is a slick surface to keep dirt and debris from sticking it should hold up fine.

Under the deck of a mower Fluid Film will stop any corrosion from occurring and really help keep grass from accumulating. When I am done mowing, I usually just hose out the undercarriage and put a good coat on. I know firsthand how well it works.

Fluid Film applied over existing corrosion will stop it from spreading further on contact. It will loosen up rust scale and make it easier to clean.

As far as spraying Fluid Film directly on plants, a few months ago I sprayed Fluid Film directly on a bush in back of our plant to see what kind of an effect if would have, and it had none whatsoever. We have not, however, had any laboratory tests done or tested its effects on different plants, so I am hesitant to recommend its use for this application.

I hope I've answered your questions to your satisfaction. If you have any more questions or comments, please don't hesitate to ask.

Dan
Old 03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it and just sent a sample request for a friend of mine. I have only used it in place of WD40, and it definately works (doesn't smell to good), but it does work.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

The idea on plow mold boards would be to keep snow from sticking to them. Probably a similar idea to waxing skis. I won't have opportunity to try it until next winter due to our current weather . If the spray tends to gel it might work. If it runs like WD40 it might not. Come to think of it, what is this product's consistency? Does it work better than Mo-Deck?
Old 03-10-2006, 12:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Now that I understand the mold board application, I can say that Fluid Film will definitely help keep snow from sticking. Since Fluid Film won’t freeze, it is a great snow release agent and ice inhibitor. We have received some pretty positive feedback from Plowsite.com regarding its use in this area. Fluid Film also won’t run off, instead leaving a waxy film on the surface.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Will I see you at the SIMA symposium in Buffalo this year?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Will I see you at the SIMA symposium in Buffalo this year?
Yes, you will. Looking forward to the show and finally meeting you!