Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Average income for this business

Im a little hesitant about starting this thread because its such a personal issue. I'm not asking to hear people brag or one up each other. I am asking because my wife and I are about to have our first child and I am going into my 3rd year in business and I am trying to look down the road and guage my ability to support my family with a professional lawn care business. So my questions is 3 fold:
What is your personal average income?
What size company do you have/ how much do you work? (so I know how big or small I'd should expect to be)
How long did it take you to make that amount?

I'll start, I have been doing this 2 years full time, for the last two years I have taked $2,000 a month (I could take more but I re-invest as much as I can). This year I have 2 employees and about 120 yards and I am hoping to raise my income to $3,000 a month in May.

I'd understand if no one wanted to post that kind of info. but I think it would really help a lot of us who are new to understand what a realistic income is and how much time and work it takes to get there. thanks to anyone willing to share.

this is meant to be a helpful, encouraging thread, please no one bash anyone else who you think doesn't make what you do or think they should.